Powered by Blogger.

Yuberactive Review : MAX FACTOR Liquid Effect Pencil Eye Liner

 Monday, July 25, 2011

Thanks to Yuberactive for sending me the product for review! I love it when I get free products to try out in the mail. *heart*

This time, it was for the Max Factor Liquid Effect Pencil Eye Liner. To be honest, I was a little bit confused. I guess I wasn't paying attention when I requested to review the product, because I was expecting a black eyeliner. I was curious to see how a pencil eye liner could have "liquid effects". Maybe then I wouldn't need to purchase expensive liquid eyeliners anymore! I was totally shocked when I got a brilliant green eye liner in the mail! :D I have never used colored eyeliner before (((surprise!!))) and I didn't even know how to begin. I didn't even know what is that weird purple thing at the end of the pencil (I later found out it's a "smudge stick" but I still don't know how to use it). By the way, the color that I got is called "Green Glow". :) Quite fitting, huh?

After Googling a bit, I found out that colored eyeliner is in fact all the rage right now, with looks like these being paraded by celebrities. I have to say, it looks really good... I was sold and itching to try out the colored eye liner ...

Lea Michele wears the colored eyeliner on her waterline for a smokey eye with a difference! Interesting pop of color underneath!

Classic cat eye with a difference from Rihanna.

I started out with a look that a make-up video recommended --- just use the colored eyeliner to bring out a wash of color (which is of a similar shade), and then line as normal. I think the "wash of color" I applied was tooo subtle. You can barely see it in the picture below! (I used Everyday Mineral's "Olive") :
Plus points for me at this point :
** the color is really super vibrant (you can see this for yourself)
** it glides on easily, in one smooth stroke (I didn't put it super near my lashes as I was lining over with black eyeliner later)
** loving the sleek finish
** color is long lasting (though I can't give you an exact guesstimate... probably 8 hours or more without primer)
** basically idiot proof! (except for the smudge stick, I'm still an idiot in that area).

I think you can do a Nicki Minaj look with this liner --- she has crazy poppy colors on her eyes (think lime green, neon yellow, fuschia...) and a light pink lipstick. Sorry, can't pull it off 100% as I'm no make-up artist, plus I did this as a test drive for the eyeliner. =p

I also love using the colored eyeliner... as an eyeshadow. Instead of just lining my lids, I can blend it in with another eye shadow and it's so easy - just color in your lids! I decided to blend in my pink eyeshadow with the green eyeliner :

I think contrasting colors go better with a lime green eyeshadow, don't you? And before I could try out the Lea Michele & Rihanna looks... my eyeliner broke! I'm kinda pissed off cos I was pretty careful with it... I don't have a special eyeliner sharpener... this product would be so much cooler if it was one of those autoliners, then we won't have to worry about the tip breaking off. :)

It costs RM38 at your local drugstores, which I reckon is pretty pricey. Personally, not a re-buy for me as I'm quite disheartened by the pencil breaking. ;_;

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP