Powered by Blogger.

It's Gonna Be A Bombshell Summer! I ((heart)) VS part 3

 Saturday, July 16, 2011

What do you think about animal prints? Some people say that it's a past-year trend, and that it is on its way out. Some people say that it will NEVER go out of fashion. I think that it really depends on what the prints are ON... sometimes it can make the wearer look very "aunty" (don't deny it, I'm sure you've seen some aunties at the wet market wearing "animal prinse" - yes, pronounce it like that), but sometimes it can look really sexy and wild.

I have to admit, I'm not BIG on animal prints. I don't have a lot of dresses that have animal prints, but I couldn't avoid it forever. I have one grey zebra jacket :



One leopard print dress (only half leopard print actually) :



And... yeah, I think that's it! Actually there's one more leopard print sweater dress that I bought but I regretted buying it, so it sits in a corner... still thinking about how I can pull it off!

But if you're a huge fan, maybe you'll love these new selections from Victoria's Secret "Ferocious & Sexy" collection :

One sleeve toga style white leopard dress. I think white leopard prints are much nicer and sophisticated looking than the normal leopard prints. Agree? This one costs USD88

Awesome hot corset-style halter top worth USD47.60. Super hot and sexy, right? Or maybe it's just the model. :)

The zebra print version of the same corset halter top on top. Also going for USD47.60

Purple print leopard!! Super funky, I love how VS doesn't stick to the norm and comes up with different colors for the animal prints. This one is really cute, I wanna get it! It's USD 49.50

You don't have to go full-on leopard print. A hint of it, like in this tube corset is enough. USD59.50. Love it! Super flattering for the body as well.

This shiny satin leopard-print skirt just oozes sexiness! You really have to have a great bod to pull this one off. At USD59.50, it seems quite steep for a piece that you can only wear occasionally, but when you do, I'm sure that all eyes will be on you, you sex kitten! :)

Again, you REALLY have to have a great bod in order to pull this halter-neck skin-tight leopard print dress off. Sometimes, I really feel like only VS Angels can pull stuff like this of. Going for USD 69.50

This one kinda looks classier (less of a sex siren kinda dress, though still undeniably sexy), and has a lace overlay. Costs USD79.50.

And of course, when it comes to Victoria's Secret, let's not forget the swim collection. I'm loving animal-print swimsuits more than animal-print clothes. Maybe because you can get away with much wilder combinations when it comes to the swimwear, and VS *really* goes wild here. Check out some of the latest items :

The print for this is called neon coral and lavender zebra print. You will surely be a trippy sight at the beachside..

For those who don't want to show too much skin, you can try the simple zebra print with a bandeau top and skirt bottom.

Or if it's your upper body that you feel uncomfortable about showing, the halter top style swimsuits would be suitable for you too. This one is in a brown leopard print.

Classic leopard-print bikini. I have one VS bikini top in the exact same style as this one.

And here's good ol' Marisa Miller with the classic zebra print. The little red ring detail at the bikini bottom adds a splash of contrast.

Gold foil leopard prints! Such a cool idea, huh? But I'm not too sure about the polka-dotted black & white bows though...

Fuschia and lime green leopard print!

Red and goldish brown leopard prints! So many choices... there are way lot more. I reckon that if you want to stand out from the normal animal prints around you, funky animal prints are the way to go!

As always, I like to show some cheaper, alternative choices for my readers. Usually these are from Asian fashion websites... so the price may differ from blogshop to blogshop. However, for animal prints, I really reckon you should go for quality and not just buy whatever is trending. I found it quite hard to find unique and nice stuff on the Asian fashion sites, but I guess you might disagree with me. Here are some that I found :

This dress was described as a snake skin print, but I reckon it's more like a lot of small black & white circles! Hahhaa.. what do you think? USD7.47

Long bohemian-style leopard print dress. I think this is quite nicely done! USD7.10 only.

If you prefer short dresses, this rather breezy looking summer dress is USD6.70

Skin tight mix of prints! This is rather crazy clashing, but the model seems to be able to pull it off. What do you think? Yay or nay? USD6.40

Zebra print dress.. I wouldn't match it with the accessories the model has on, but I think it's rather simple and sweet for USD6.09 only!
Wow, this looks uber short and tight... wear it if you can handle the attention! USD5.60 (Cheap because there's only a little bit of material, hahaaha).

Ooh, I quite like this snakeskin printed dress! You don't see the snakeskin print trending as much as the leopard prints.. wonder why? My boyfriend doesn't like snakeskin prints either. This one is USD8.11

Long sleeve one-piece dress... matching a leopard-print top half with a carbon grey skirt. I think it looks nice, but only with the belt on. Without the belt on, the dress doesn't really have an oomph factor. USD6 only.

And this is kinda the reverse of the earlier dress --- a plain sleeveless black top matched with a leopard print skirt! It's actually a one piece dress. Again, except for the lovely red scarf, I don't really like how the model is styled in this picture. Oh, and I actually prefer the solid color as a skirt instead of the solid color as a top. This one is going for USD5.79

Long leopard print dress... this one is also quite nice, but I wouldn't know where to wear it to.. Yours for USD7.40.

I really like this dress! I thought of buying it, but .... I really don't know where to wear it to. Haha, I actually considered like, wearing it for family gatherings, but I don't think it's suitable right? USD11.35, which is pricey considering the Asian fashion website that I visit usually sells things below USD10.

For those who dare --- a full leopard-print jumpsuit! I dare you to wear this out! :) USD8.92

Oh, this is the sweater dress thingy that I bought that I haven't worn since. Maybe it's because I'm not a leggy beauty like the model, but I just couldn't get the dress to drape like it does in the picture. What belt should I use with a dress like this??? USD5.70 only though.. but such a waste in my eyes..

A simple skin-tight, long-sleeve leopard print top. Nice? USD5.93

Leopard-printed smock... kinda see-through chiffon thingy. USD 7.57..

Well, that's all from me for now... have fun and if you are crazy about animal prints, show me how you wear them! I'm inspired and admiring the ladies who really are able to pull off an outfit with LOADS of animal-prints all over them and not look completely mad. Hahaha.

Til the next fashion post, walk on the wild side! Rawr! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP