Powered by Blogger.

Basic Makeup Palettes for Work

 Thursday, July 21, 2011

I've got a LOT of eyeshadows, but there are only 6 palettes that I keep returning to for office looks. Occasionally I would take a walk on the "colorful" side by incorporating weekend colors in (only on Fridays!), but these are my staples :

Close-ups of the palettes :

Clarins Palette Quatuor in Les Oceanes. I got this free in some Clarins contest. :) It came in a nice red velvety bag too! Plus points for packaging. The whole palette looks very sleek and posh, with a metallic cover, and a mirror inside. The colors don't seem very "ocean like" imho, but very nice shades nonetheless - dark grey, lavender, light grey and a barely-there pink for highlighter.

Kate - Contrasting Eyes ... I can't find what shades these are. I just took it because I REALLY loved the dark, shimmery brown color, which really looks as good as it does on the palette. I rarely touch the weird turquoise, and the pale yellow makes for a nice base. This was one palette that I bought just because my friend said that Kate products are really good. I have no complaints on the product itself either, but then again this is the ONLY product I have from the range. ;)


My ultimate go-to eyeshadow for work (when I don't want to think too much) is my L'oreal HIP duo. This one is called Dynamic, and I think it's the only eyeshadow I ever have that managed to touch the pan! Hahaha... it's really awesome - strong pigments, and I love the shimmery light gold, which contrasts with the deep chocolate to create a slight smokey office eye look. :)

I think I won this as well, cos I don't remember buying it. Oh well, it's a Maybelline expert eyes in Plums. The dark plum shade is really not as dark or as glittery in the picture. You need to use a LOT of it in order for the colors to show. And the highlighter is slightly pinkish. I don't use this one as often because it has a lot of fallout, which irritates my eyes. However, since it's barely used, I feel like it's such a waste. Photographed it to remind myself to USE THIS. :P


Quite regret buying this... was at a stage where I wanted MORE neutrals / nude shades, so I got this ZA Eyes Vibrante in E2. All 3 shades are very light and shimmery, not much pigmentation. It would be great if the colors came out as how they look like on the palette.

This is my second go-to palette every morning, and it's a gift from my sister! Ain't it great to have a sister that DOESN'T like wearing make-up? :) And I don't know why, she keeps getting free make-up, so I have a few items from her. :) This one is Clinique's Color Surge Eye Shadow in "Strawberry Fudge". I just love it! The shimmery pink eye shadow goes so well with the shimmery brown. Not toooooo glittery that it becomes inappropriate for work, and the colors are surprisingly pigmented. Suitable for a more feminine look, I occasionally wear this on the weekends as well cos it's so awesome. :)

I just realised that I have zero brand loyalty! Hahaha. Oh well, variety is the spice of life! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP