Powered by Blogger.

Boot's Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum

 Wednesday, July 6, 2011


I bought this when I was in Thailand (from Boots!) because they were having a promotion and you could get a lot of free stuff if you bought RM100 worth of stuff. This protect & perfect beauty serum (which is kind of like a face moisturiser) is about RM100, but the promotion stated that it was a buy 1 get 1 free. So each tube is about RM50? Still pretty pricey in my books because the serum is quite small! Only 30ml!

I started using this as my face moisturiser in the morning because ... the Hazeline Snow moisturiser that I have tends to leave funny white streaks on my face. -___- It still shows up under foundation cos I wear very light foundation. Nowadays (that my skin is clearer, thank God), I don't even wear foundation, so I don't want to go to work looking like a lunatic. I've been too pampered with the ease of Hada Labo's liquid moisturiser, so using creams or Hazeline Snow seems like a lot of hard work now... but at least the Protect & Perfect serum is a lot better than Hazeline Snow...

The product says : "Reveal younger looking, beautifully refined skin with this powerful blend of protecting and renewing ingredients." There are some anti-oxidants in the ingredient listing as well as some pro-retinol ingredients to improve skin elasticity. However... I don't think I need those yet, so whether the "anti-aging" thing works or not, I can't really tell. But people always say I do look young for my age. *snigger*

However, I do have to say that YES, it is super moisturising. YES, it doesn't leave a greasy feeling on your skin. YES, it absorbs quickly (which means I can go on with the rest of my make-up quickly). YES, my skin feels soft and nice to touch, even at the end of the day.

The WORSE part about this product (worse than the price, that is), is probably the smell. It has quite a weird smell for me. It's not NASTY, but it's unpleasant. I actually rather they put in some perfume or something to make it smell better than to try and make it so "natural" and what not. The texture also reminds me of ... something that guys can deposit out, if you get what I mean. When I first started using it, I told myself --- how the heck am I going to finish TWO tubes? No wonder there's a promotion going on! Now, I feel quite sad that I've finished 1/3 of my last tube. =) To re-order online, it costs 23 Euros! Perhaps a trip back to Thailand is in order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP