Powered by Blogger.

Benefit "That Gal" & Benefit "Girl Meets Pearl"

 Saturday, July 23, 2011

I really, really do love my "That Gal" face primer from Benefit. I think I've raved about this product so many times, but I'm doing it AGAIN because I want to compare it against "Girl Meets Pearl", which is another face primer from Benefit. :)





Reason why I love "That Gal"? Well, to be honest, the first thing that attracted me to the whole series was the packaging. :) I grew to love it because I love how all I need is some moisturiser, and then "That Gal" over it to make myself totally dewy & glowy and that's all I need for a day out. However, I do agree with those who have said that too much "glow" will end up making you look OILY. I suppose in Malaysian weather, that is totally prone to happening. I usually wear it only when I know I'm going to be in air-conditioned places most of the time. =p

During my last Benefit haul, I bought "Girl Meets Pearl" because I was curious about it. Since I loved "That Gal", how does "Girl Meets Pearl" improve upon it? What's the difference?

Personally for me, I use both over moisturiser and without any foundation over it. For me, both are excellent at giving glowy, dewy looks and smoothening over small face imperfections. The only difference is that "Girl Meets Pearl" gives me a sort of bronze, sun-kissed Goddess kinda look while "That Gal" is more of a daytime kind of look. The primer for "That Gal" is pinkish while "Girl Meets Pearl" is more flesh-toned, so I suppose that's why?

Here's my "Before & After" for "That Gal" (pls note, I didn't use that much "That Gal" because it was finishing! I'm really sad, but at the same time, looking forward to a new Benefit haul, muwhahaha!) :

You can see the "before", my skin is quite matte... nothing glowey about it. :)

Though you can't see too much "glow" (Cos the product is finishing! Sob!), you can see the overall skin tone is more evened out, and there is a sligghhhhhtttt dewy finish.

Before make-up look during another day. You can see the full look in a haul video that I'll be posting up later. :)

Full finished look. You can see I look more "tanned" than I do in the "That Gal" photo, right? I tell you, there was no foundation involved at all. Both times, I just used the moisturiser, and the face primer. :)

Well, I guess that's all I really wanna show you guys about the face primers from Benefit. You might think it's not necessary, and I would agree if I was wearing foundation. Some recommend to wear it under foundation, but I usually find this not necessary cos I use mineral foundation which sometimes have their own formulas for their own "glowing" look (check up Everyday Minerals). I just love the ease of using face primers and moisturisers alone. Your face doesn't feel clogged up, and it's just a breeze to get ready to go out. =)

In short, I'm definitely going to repurchase "That Gal". Online, it's only USD29, but it's selling for RM129 in Sephora and all Benefit counters in Malaysia. Bah humbug!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP