Powered by Blogger.

The Spa Sample Series (2) : Le'masque Hazelia Whitening Mask

 Thursday, July 28, 2011

Since I used the whitening cleanser, it made sense to try the Le'masque Hazelia Whitening Mask after that, no? I expected the product to be similar to the whitening foam in smell and texture (since they are part of the same range??), but it was quite different. By the way, once again, there are no directions or ingredients listed on the sample, so I just winged it. I told myself that I would have the mask on for 15 minutes, but because I got so engrossed with a program that I was tracing, I wound up having it on for 30 minutes. By then, I felt like my face was getting SUPER oily...


The amount of product inside the sample packet was weird. Like, too much for one usage, but too little for 2 usages... so I just smeared everything all over my face. The texture of the product was like... face paint. SERIOUSLY. It goes on your face like face paint too! I suppose if you had to be a mime for some costume party, you could use this instead of face paint. =p

The smell of the product was (thankfully) not as acidic as the whitening cleansing foam (I'm now super convinced there's bleach inside, lol). It smells strongly of ... vanilla essence and something light and fruity. But STRONGLY of the vanilla essence. It made me think of how it's like when I'm baking, so it was good. =)

Got darn a lot of bad points about this mask though. First of all, I don't like the texture and the feeling of the mask on my face. Like I said --- it feels like face paint. You put it on too long (I reckon the 30 minutes was too long?) and you will feel your face getting super oily. It's a pain to remove the mask too! Though at the end of 30 minutes it feels like it's "tightening up" on your skin, in fact it's not dried and cannot be peeled off. I suppose that if this is a product to be used in spas, they won't want the therapist to rip something off the customer's skin, haha.

So you gotta wet the mask a bit with water and just ... wash it off. Only, it takes DARN DARN long to wash everything off and things can get a little bit messy. Of course, since this is just one usage, I didn't expect my face to become miraculously whiter. I think that would scare anyone. The only good bit (I suppose) is that my skin felt a wee bit softer after that.

Anyway, I guess I'm biased because I really prefer the ease of paper masks... but this is really quite bad in my books for cream masks too. I cannot describe to you fully how GREASY this thing feels on my skin. Euchh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP