Powered by Blogger.

My Beauty Diary Natto Mask

 Monday, July 18, 2011

Ooh.. this is actually one mask from My Beauty Diary that I was really, really afraid to use! Hahaha. I have only 3 more masks left from my collection of 17 masks ... so this was the 4th last one to use. I really was hoping that I could just waste it... but I couldn't bear to just throw it away...


Why was I so afraid to use it? Maybe I should tell you what "natto" is. As you can see from the cute packet design that shows small orange and beige beans... natto is a bean... a fermented soybean to be exact! Wisegeek further elaborates :

"It is soaked and fermented, which makes the soybeans quite sticky, and produces a springy or web effect between each bean. Often considered an acquired taste, the fermenting process makes the smell of natto very strong, and to some not used to the dish, unpleasant. It also tends to produce bad breath, though a vigorous tooth brushing usually solves this problem.

In certain parts of Japan, natto holds great popularity. It may be eaten as a breakfast food, sometimes with a little sugar, or may be served over rice. Some prefer to add sauces to natto and rice, and may use different hot mustards, soy sauce, quail eggs or grated radishes as a topping. It is quite nutritious and low in calories, with about 7 to 8 grams of protein and only about 90 calories per serving.

Natto is also celebrated for its high amounts of vitamin K. It also is high in a number of anti-oxidants, particularly selenium. Natto also contains a protein called nattokinase, which may be a natural blood thinner. Since the soybeans are fermented and grow bacteria, it is also a probiotic food."

Now what do you think about that? I was afraid that the mask would be EXTRA STINKY and EXTRA STICKY. It's similar to someone making a DURIAN MASK... would you put it on your face? Durian lovers, I doubt even you guys would do that right?

However, the mask itself does not have any smell (thought when initially out of the packet, I detected a sharp scent of ... something, but it didn't linger). The essence in the mask is also similar to all other masks. It was not gooey, sticky or in any manner, different from other MBD masks. Though I was relieved, I was also slightly disappointed. Hahaha.

As you can see, the essence in the mask is enough to ensure the whole masks STICKS to your face from the beginning. This is what makes MBDS masks superior to the drugstore masks from Guardian / Watsons. The whole mask is also more "anatomically correct" compared to the Guardian masks I've been using... so it really feels like more parts of my skin gets the goodness of the essence absorbed into it.

The natto mask is supposed to make your skin more supple and moisturised. My skin condition of late has been pretty good, and the mask did make my skin feel extra soft and smooth, but I don't think the effects lasted very long. All in all, a pretty interesting mask, but not one of my favorites from MBD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP