Powered by Blogger.

Palmer's Olive Butter Formula

 Thursday, July 14, 2011

I finished using my Nivea Extra Whitening Inner Cell Repair Body Milk, which was my night time moisturiser. Therefore, I could crack out something new from my Drug Store Stash, which is my Palmer's Olive Butter Formula with Vitamin E moisturiser! The product claims that this is "Organic Therapy for Healthy Skin" and is made with certified organic extra virgin olive oil.

The product claims to take care of your skin in 3 ways :
* unique lipid structure moisturises instantly
* loaded with antioxidants to keep skin youthful
* emulsifies on contact for superior skin smoothing



Having used Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula before, it's natural for me to compare the two. I didn't like the Cocoa Butter smell, and I found it rather greasy (at times), but the moisturising effect was a big WOW. In contrast, this one has no weird smell. It smells really nice and fresh - a "green" kind of scent. As the product proudly touts - this indeed does penetrate the skin quickly and is absorbed ASAP.

However --- though it does leave my skin feeling smooth DURING application, I feel like this feeling fades away very quickly. I don't mean that I feel like my skin has no moisturising lotion on at all... but the effect is not as amazing as the Cocoa Butter one. Also, due to its light scent, its easy to forget whether I *have* put on my moisturising lotion already or not. -__- I wish that Palmer's could find some middle ground between the Olive Butter formula and the Cocoa Butter formula. I feel like this one is just too light! I remember the AMAZING feeling I had with cocoa butter ---- it would last from morning til night!

Anyway, I've only used this product for one week, so I can't tell if there's any benefits gained in terms of gaining skin youthfulness or making my skin healthier. I can tell you after finishing my entire bottle of Nivea that there was no INNER CELL repair, as far as I can tell EXTERNALLY. -___- But I still like Nivea's milky scent, am still a fan of their products.

Hopefully, I will get more amazing results from this product as time goes on. Do you think I should be more heavy handed during application? I always use my standard "one long pump for each limb" method of measurement, haha. And a lot of friends say that it is way too much...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP