Powered by Blogger.

Scrub Scrub Scrub!!

 Sunday, July 17, 2011

Aside from body scrubs, there are 3 other areas that require "special scrubbing" from me! Get your mind out of the gutter--- they are my lips, feet and hands! Each of these body parts require a special product to cater to their problems. For lips --- a really gentle scrub. For feet, I'm going to need some heavy duty scrub and really go to town with them. For my hands, something gentle and soothing, not too harsh.

These are the 3 products that I'm currently using :

(1) Lipscription
I've written about them before under my Friends with Benefit series, but here's a more detailed look on this product (currently discontinued from Benefit - I think). When I first used it, I thought it's not a necessity... until one day when I was using the scrub and I found out that even when I THOUGHT I had removed my lipstick, when I scrubbed with Lipscription, I saw the bits of skin that got exfoliated was slightly tinged with pink! No.. it wasn't blood! It's just that for SOME lipsticks, even when we thought we have removed it, there will still be some traces that require more thorough removal.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you need a lip scrub to take off your make-up. But I think that the lip scrub is a something good to incorporate with your usual skincare routine. Especially for someone like me --- I have really dry lips! I know you people think I should be drinking more water, but I don't know why.. it doesn't really help? Maybe it's because I have this really bad habit of licking my lips... apparently it's very bad! It makes your lips even drier.


Start off with the buffing lip beads. The solution looks a little like this. You can't really see the buffing beads because it's really small so that it can be as gentle as possible on your lips. By the way, the product has no significant or noticable smell... I think it'd be cool if there was something minty... I like minty stuff!


This is really not such a good look for me :
Anyway, it's quite idiot-proof. You just keep scrubbing and scrubbing way at your lips until you feel all the dead skin cells have been exfoliated. After that, you will see the residue on your fingers. Just gently wash and wipe away any remainders after you are done.

Icky residue! At least this time there's no lipstick remnants...

My lips after the buffing beads have been used. You can see it's not as dry as the first picture.

Follow up with the silky lip balm which has a really "waxy" kind of consistency. This is how it looks like :

And then we are all finished! Really much better than the 1st pic, don't you agree?


(2) Foot Scrub
This is my awesome "Running to the Embassy" foot scrub from Lush :
I am ashamed to say that the product, that initially looked like this :


Has now melted into this hot mess :

But no worries... it's still extremely usable. Just spread some green goop over your leg, and then scrub scrub scrub til all the grains have disappeared! Your feet will feel instantly smoother, though I think you can't expect miracles --- you might still need a pumice stone for those really problematic areas... What I like about this scrub is that it has a really cooling sensation. Must be the spearmint and peppermint. Your feet feel like they've been totally rejuvenated after this scrub. I think I've mentioned before that there was one time that I used it after walking around A LOT in Hong Kong (where I bought this). After one scrub, I was ready for another day of being a tourist around that island! But let's be honest --- after a few hours of walking the next day, I was really, really tired. Lol! It makes you feel better, but it doesn't physically strengthen you or anything after all.


(3) Hand Scrub
Thanks to my boyfriend for getting me the 60 Second Fix from Crabtree & Evelyn. I didn't ask him to, it was a random surprise sweet gift. :)

Start with the La Source Hand Recovery Treatment...

You only need a little bit of the solution. As with Lipscription, you can't really see the buffing beads in the solution, but as you keep rubbing your hands together with the solution, you start to see the "grains" forming. Keep rubbing them until the beads have disappeared. While you are rubbing your hands together, the grains seem to be excreting some kinda oil, because I can already feel my hands feeling softer already! Also, as with Lipscription, this product also seems to be fragrance-free.

Finally, finish off with the Hand Therapy tube. It's just like moisturising cream... But guarantees silky smooth hands that last quite a while. :)

Are there any good scrub products that you are using? Care to recommend any?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP