Powered by Blogger.

ASOS Dresses (Part One)

 Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The only thing I've ever bought from ASOS are their dresses, and that's because those are the items that always catch my eye. I love the detailing on their dresses and how well-tailored they are. You really cannot find copies for these dresses on cheaper websites because they are probably quite hard to make! For the price, I find that it's quite worth it, considering that it's almost the same price as stuff from Topshop / Miss Selfridge, and it's kinda more exclusive? The only problem I have is that they don't accept Malaysian credit cards. Sigh... what a joykill.

Still, I can admire from afar. This season's offerings show a lot of cheeky cut-outs, bodycon dresses are still very in (a good reason to continue with the diet -- le sigh!), amazing cuts & tailoring for simple dresses make all the difference and vibrant colors still feature prominently. Check out these really cool pieces available this season!

I'm currently loving chain prints (I think it's so Versace though my boyfriend thinks its "so aunty"). Anyway, this dress is easy breezy casual for £24.

Love the back-details for this dress, and the shade of green is gorgeous as well! Rather simple silhouette, think I would need a corset to ensure that I look good in something like this. :P £25.

Love the back detailing for this dress which is both sexy and sweet! Incidentally, I'm looking for tops / dresses with low V-back... any suggestions? (Cos I think my back is really good la... must show off a bit.) £26.

Cute kimono-style dress in powder baby blue. Loving it! Going for only £28.

I'm a sucker for dramatic detailings like this... I don't think I look good in one-shoulder dresses though, but don't you think this looks great? £29.
A bodycon dress with a sheer mesh panelling in the middle adds a bit of spice to your an otherwise normal LBD. This one is going for £30.

Ooh, I super love the cutout detailings for this dress!! £30 for a unique dress like this is worth it, right?
A rather simple blue dress, but I love the royal and rich shade of blue. The studding detailing in the middle panel of the dress also adds a little punk edge. ;) £32

Semi cheongsam inspired dress... and I love lace too... so this goes into my "LBD with a twist" list. :) £35

Love the construction detailing on this dress! And the contrast between the pale pink fabric against the black dress... £35 as well.

Just happen to love the "peacock" print on this dress... kinda unique ya? £36.

Just showing you 12 items that I've noticed so far... will share more in following entries. :)

7 comments:

Sookie July 25, 2011 at 5:46 AM  

they don't accept msian cc? but i bought stuff from asos before and they all arrived safely!

Leech The Leceh July 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM  

they did! omg! because when selecting billing address, the country didn't have malaysia in the dropdown box! how long ago was this? cos me and my friend also tak jadi to buy stuff from asos...

so many sales that i have resisted because i thought no point! :O

Sookie July 25, 2011 at 8:42 AM  

lol! they have FREE SHIPPING to malaysia now. i think they started it early this year or end of last year :D

Leech The Leceh July 25, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

free!!?!!? *hyperventilates*

i didn't check recently (last year i still term as recent) and I remember i even sent emails to their team before asking WHY they don't allow billing addresses to be from Malaysia. they just replied cordially something like "oh, we currently do not ship to Malaysia". WOW. I would like to think my emails helped to tip them over to sending their stuff over to Msia. :)

Happiness... and the £ is not so high also. Time to swipe card ady. muwaahhahaha

Leech The Leceh July 25, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

thank you SOOOOOO much for the update... hahahaha....

Sookie July 26, 2011 at 7:31 AM  

oh forgot to mention. don't spend more than rm500 or you'll get taxed. you'll have to make a trip to pos malaysia which is near KLIA! there are a lot of paperwork and running around to do!! speaking fr my bro's exp :P

Leech The Leceh July 26, 2011 at 9:40 AM  

thanks for the heads up! but i doubt i will spend over rm500.. spent the whole night browsing ASOS. I tell you, the billing address last time cannot select malaysia.. when I checked my saved billing address, I had marked it as singapore, lol! What a joy it is that "malaysia" is selectable, and no matter how much (or how little) i buy, I can get free shipping!

but even though I posted up so many nice dresses, my personal rule for dresses are : no assymetrical lines, no tube dresses, nothing that I would have to wear chicken fillets for (might make exception if dress is really, really nice) so that really doesn't leave me with much choice....

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP