Powered by Blogger.

Pampering Yourself After A Harrowing Work Week

 Friday, June 3, 2011

Wow, I never thought I would be able to make it to the weekend! It has been a terrible week for me because of my work. I tendered my resignation from my job in April, but it seems like I have more work after I have quit than before! To be honest, I thought I would be spending the rest of my time doing handover and shaking legs, but the handover took a longggg time, and then my project manager had this huge project (all 8 people in the team are taking part), and I was roped in to do development though that is not exactly what you call "handing over". Sigh... a long story, which had me leaving work freaking late. The past week I left work at 2am, 11:30pm, 1am... those kind of times! You can imagine, once I arrived home (35 mins drive from my office), I was so tired that after bathing, I just went to sleep.

I felt dirty, gross.. cos when I wake up in the morning, I didn't even bathe but rushed to work because I had to get an early head start the next day if I didn't want to be staying back late again. I already feel very blessed because I got to leave work at 8:45pm today. But as bad as I feel for myself, I feel worse for my users and feel very glad that the IT support in the overseas country that I support is really good. When I was working late, I would sometimes be overcome with emotion (because I was seriously ALONE in the entire floor) that I would cry. I kind of feel pathetic admitting this, but it got worse and worse til even during working hours, I would excuse myself to the toilet to cry quietly. Maybe I shouldn't blog this out, but I don't feel ashamed about admitting this because what do I do after crying? Did I mentally breakdown? Did I stop my work and not do anything and ask someone to take over? People would excuse me by saying, "Oh, it's because she's leaving already... why should she work so hard?" Instead, I wiped my tears and then brave my problems again logically. So the point is, crying is not bad because it shows weakness (actually it does show weakness, that's why I cry in the loo. -___-), but it was just a way for me to release my emotions, and then move on from there.

Ok, anyway, this is a beauty blog, so let me continue in an un-emotional manner. Crying is bad for one thing --- my eyes! Which is why the first thing I did after everything was wrapped up was to take a long, luxurious shower. Washed my hair after what feels like weeks (only 4 days) and pampered myself with some moisturising cream. I am glad to report that I'm finishing the Schwarzkopf Asian Glatt shampoo, and my L'oreal Color Shine conditioner. Yes, two different brands because the Schwarzkopf conditioner finished faster than my shampoo! And the opposite is true for my L'oreal Color Shine shampoo / conditioner set. In my next post I will write about my shampoo conspiracy theories, which I have expounded in my other blog before. :)

(Off topic, but I'm also happy that I finished my Garnier face wash, so I'll be able to try another brand soon! And review it here!)

Used a pore strip so I can get some extra squeaky clean feeling. When I'm stressed, I feel like everything gets shot to hell. Oily skin, limp hair, feeling SMELLY...

I love pore packs... it's so satisfying to rip it out and see all the disgusting things that was once embedded in your skin. :D

After that, pampered self to a My Beauty Diary mask. I'm currently using the Southern France Apricot Mask - good for smoothening and high moisture. Perfect, since I've been sitting in the dry office environment for TOO long. I bought the 15pc + 2 free pc set from Guardian and now I'm only down to the last 7 pieces. I love the mask as I feel it's one of the more ergonomically fitting masks. The scent of this southern france apricot mask is also wonderful. It actually smells like some peach candies that I used to eat when I'm young. So I am having this sweet and nostalgic feeling right now. :)


After the mask, I'll use some toner, more moisturiser on my face & neck, put on some hair balm and put on lots of eye cream! Since I finished my Boots Botanics eye gel, I'll use this other eye gel from Boots -Sakura Blossom & Lemon whitening eye cream for dull skin. Supposed to be for whitening and firming for "lighter and smoother skin". Can't wait to review it.

Lastly, if you have to work late like me, and you are a crybaby (also : like me), remember to drink lots of water, don't work so much that you forget to eat, and try to sleep a little earlier than usual. For me, to get sleep, I had to forgo doing ANYTHING at all once I got home from work. Bathe and then sleep. I had totally no work/life balance. Sad. But it's worth it (temporarily) if the problems get resolved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP