Powered by Blogger.

Yuberactive Review : Organic Aid Organic Aid Vitamin E Facial Foam

 Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A fresh, bare face is the most base item needed before you proceed to do your make-up. Imagine a painter who has a spoiled canvas. Can you proceed to create a drawing on a dirty piece of paper? Well, maybe you can, but when it comes to your face - "painting over" a dirty canvas just means the dirt is trapped there and ready to cause you skin problems later.

Thanks to Yuberactive, I got the chance to review Organic Aid's Vitamin E Facial Foam. For the period of 7 days, I stopped using any other cleanser except for this one. My initial thoughts about the cleanser? Well, it's pretty unassuming. The bottle is rather plain, and has a screw-top cap. The cleanser itself does not have any buffing beads or fruity / floral scents. It *does* have a scent though, although a mild, rather clinical one. Though I'm not a fan of the scent, it doesn't bother me too much.



Here's a before / after comparison after 7 days with Organic Aid.

This is the best picture / close-up I can find of the "before". My skin is generally problem-free except for a few pimples that frequently occur near the T-zone. I only get it during my period, and it takes sooo long to clear up... that by the time I think it's cleared up, my period comes round again and a new batch of pimples comes out. :(

This is me, just taken today! Generally clear right? Oh, and I was wearing eye make-up, but I was NOT wearing foundation!

The ultimate test for me is having a cleanser that can remove my make-up without me using a make-up remover. This is because I'm usually in a rush and I don't have the time to namby pamby around with cotton pads and an extra bottle rattling around in my bag. This cleanser does the job! However, though it is harsh on dirt, it isn't harsh on my skin as it didn't make my skin feel dry or stripped of natural oils as what harsher cleansers would do.

Left side has been removed with Organic Aid cleanser. Right side was original make-up.

As you can see, at the start of the test, I had a little bit of skin problems in the form of a few pimples (?? not really pimples but red spots) on my forehead and nose area. With my previous cleanser, I was happy with how good it worked for my blackheads, but in terms of getting rid of my spots --- hmm.

After 7 days, I found that I did not get any new pimples on my face, and the pimple scars that I *did* have from before had faded tremendously. This must be due to the vitamin E in the facial foam! The product contains pure vitamin E from wheatgerm oil (the most natural and EXPENSIVE source of Vitamin E). Studies have shown that vitamin E has been shown to penetrate layers of the skin and reduce the formation of free radicals which can interfere with healing. Vitamin E also influences the production of collagen, a structural protein partially responsible for the strength and elasticity of skin.

I also noticed that my skin is more soft and supple after just a week of usage, even without using moisturiser.

Well, that's all that I can review for this cleanser. The original cost of the cleanser is RM15.90 for 50ml. To me, that *is* pretty pricey because RM15.90 is the higher end pricing for face washes that are 100ml in size! In essence, this face wash is 4x as expensive as the more generic brands. However, the benefits of using the face wash can clearly be seen, so I suppose it is up to you to judge.

[Edited on 11/8/2011 :] I still get some slight spots around my forehead, but ever since I've used this product, NO MAJOR BREAK-OUTS. However, quite sad because it's not good for blackheads... my Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating facial wash was better for that. I guess you win some and lose some! [End Edit]

[Edited on 12/9/2011 :] After using this about twice a day quite religiously, the tube only finished around the first week of September! Quite a long while, considering it is only 50ml in size, right? A litle bit goes a long while. ;) [End Edit]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP