Powered by Blogger.

I Have Been Mary Kay-ed

 Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tron and I went to Jaya 33 for a dim sum brunch, and after accompanying him in Ace Hardware (this is very typical of him, but I always oblige), I made him accompany me to the Mary Kay roadshow. Didn't know it was going on, but at time of posting, there's another 2 hours before the roadshow is over! I don't know if this will be of any help to anyone, lol.

It was quite nice - you get a free makeover, free skincare consultation and you will be eligible for their lucky draw. As I already had make-up on, they just "touched up" my make-up, which was essentially painting over my eyeshadow, adding more mascara & curling my lashes, brushing on extra foundation, more blusher and re-doing my lipstick (gone after eating). ER... after writing all that out, it really is as if they re-painted my entire face. Hahahaa!

Pictures taken by Tron... who proceeded to spy on the contents of my camera after taking the pics! Grrr...

I did feel quite embarassed at first because I was rushing this morning and I didn't blend my eye make-up properly... but the make-up artiste kept her thoughts to herself and gave me a more "professional" look with dark browns and neutral shades. She also toned down my originally more fuschia blush with a darker pink and gave me lip gloss. Aside from the lip gloss (I don't like lip glosses anymore), I liked everything else!

After the makeover, I was asked to give a small "interview" with the emcee of the event, just talk about some random stuff about the makeover, whether I liked or not. And then Tron kept interrupting with answers of his own so I asked the emcee to interview him also!! Hahahaha! Tron was so embarassed after the interview, he faster excused himself to go shopping. :P

The emcee said I was eligible for a "lucky draw" after that. I wasn't expecting much as I thought it would be some small samples, or maybe some cheaper items, like a mono eyeshadow or something. In the end, I got the TimeWise Firming Eye Cream which retails for RM150!! Zomg! The beauty consultant was also impressed with what I won, she said it's one of the best items in the lucky draw... hahahaha. I donno, I would've been happy with a lipstick or even the mono eyeshadow. :P

I sound like I've really been "Mary Kay-ed" (Tron's words), but actually I'm only REALLY interested in their mineral powder foundation. I can't buy Everyday Minerals foundation anymore (since I don't have a US billing address) and I can't find mineral foundation in Malaysia anymore since everyone is using BB Cream. ~_~ Price wise, Mary Kay's foundation is way more expensive. Before shipping, Everyday Minerals is half the price of Mary Kay! Sigh... but I have to say that Mary Kay's kabuki brush is as good as my best Everyday Minerals brush... Probably the only thing I'll get from Mary Kay is the mineral foundation or the eyeshadows cos they have some really nice shades there too...

I'll tell you more after I visit them on Friday... I don't like these kinda direct selling style of selling make-up lah.. It's so hard to purchase. That's why I like "drug store beauty", cos you can just drop by your nearest drug store and walk off with what you need. Sigh... what I'll do for mineral foundation....

By the way, here's a close-up on my completed makeover...

I quite like the eyelashes, but since I did use my Maybelline XXL mascara early in the morning, I don't know if their mascara helped extended it more or not. Plus, the MUA curled my lashes as well! Tron was so worried... he said, "Curling only right? You're not chopping it off right?"

Some pages from The Look magazine that they gave to me to peruse their products. The mineral foundation is RM70! The mono eyeshadows are RM26 per palette. I will post more about it after investigating further.

[AT time of posting, now left only 80 minutes before the roadshow in Jaya33 is over!]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP