Powered by Blogger.

Eyeliners! (ZA Ever Liner for Eyes)

 Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ok, I'm a hypocrite. Want to teach you all to save money by reviving gel eyeliners in hot water, but I couldn't keep up with the annoyance of doing so (plus I'm thinking that my eyeliner is screwed up anyway because although it is much better than before, it's still rather hard). I wound up buying two new eyeliners from Guardian the other day.

I'm going to review the first one here. The ZA Ever Liner for Eyes in BR22 :

Bought this for about RM22 after discount at Watsons, alongside with another eyeliner that I have not reviewed yet. Why did I buy two eyeliners at the same time? Well, I always need one brown and one black. Black for drama and brown for work. Since I urgently needed a brown one for work, this is the one I started using first.

The packaging kinda sucks for this product as there's no cap. As you can see, there's already smudges near the tip from where the nib goes in and out. However, I do like this type of eyeliner. No need to sharpen! This is just like my old MAC eyeliner. Just that the package would be so much nicer with a cap.

To be honest, I'm quite disappointed with this product. Aside from ease of use, there's nothing else going for it. As usual, I applied my make-up in the morning in this order :
eyeshadow -> eyeliner

And the eyeliner had such a hard time showing up above the eyeshadow. At first, I thought it was due to my Everyday Minerals mineral eyeshadow... some other brands have a bit of problem showing up on top of the eyeshadow. But with less shimmery shades, I still had this problem. Today, I had the best "look" with this eyeliner --- just don't apply any eyeshadow at all. Then and only then will the color show up clearly on my eyelids.

Here are some swatches on my bare skin, and even then, you can see how rough the application is.

I don't think it's my skin's problem as I don't encounter this problem with other eyeliners. After smooth applications using liquid eyeliner, it's so tough to go back to pencil. *dramatic sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP