Powered by Blogger.

Victoria's Secret & Asian Fashion : Lace & Crochet

 Friday, June 17, 2011

Lace & crochet, styles which were once upon a time (seemed like a lifetime ago, to be honest) were deemed to be old-fashioned or for kids have made a comeback in a very big way in recent times. Goes to show that NOTHING can be considered as out of fashion forever. :) Of course, the lace used for fashion nowadays are usually finer, more delicate works of art, they come in a variety of colors and generally, designers go for subtle touches instead of full-blown lace / crochet creations.

Stylists are also challenging and pushing the boundaries when it comes to lace and crochet, and tend to mix and match it with things you wouldn't have thought would work. For example, in one episode of Project Runway, the contestants did an excellent job of combining lace and military nuances together for a fabulous fashion collection.

Victoria's Secret has a Lace / Crochet collection at the moment that was obviously sizable enough for them to put into a separate category all together. Crochet pieces are not seen as "grandmotherly", especially not when cut into summer pieces that show off legs and shoulders. Crochet also has an irresistable, undeniable sex appeal with its "peekaboo" quality. Here are some new & old pieces that caught my eye :

This ribbed racerback crochet dress has been on sale for the longest time ever, but even on sale, it is USD$69.50! But don't you think the skirt detailing is so pretty?

Full crochet dress from their latest collection @ USD$75. This looks super slinky and sexy!

Such a Barbie Doll kinda dress - all pink with lace & ruffles too! Yours for USD$69.50

Another full crochet dress, but in a different style. Also, USD$69.50

But my favorite crochet dress has to be this sweater dress! I think the cut is uber flattering, and it is something that is both sweet and unassuming, yet has the potential to be totally vampish.

This lace tee will have people wondering whether you are really wearing something else underneath, and there in lies its seductive powers. ;p USD$39.50

Another super sexy lace tank. I apologise for not being able to use any other word but "sexy" to describe VS pieces, because, generally they ARE sexy, and that's that. Hence the appeal. - USD$39.50

Crochet cardigan in white. This is such a conversation piece, yours for USD$59.50

If you are looking for more affordable, yet fashion forward pieces, you could turn your attention to Asian wholesale places which sell their lace / crochet copies at a fraction of the original price. The pieces may not look 100% like the original, but are generally good copies with passable quality. Check these out :

This outfit just screams "little girl" or "princessy", but that's trending now, right? USD$7.50 only!

Pink lace & ruffle dress, also very "princessy". It's not really my style, but sharing is caring, right? USD$8.86 only. :)

Full lace top with a velvet bow - USD7.50. I actually did buy this top, and I wore it at Wan Li's wedding, hahaha. :P

I want to buy this! Only USD$5.70. It's a navy chiffon top with huge lace detailing down the front. Looks effortlessly elegant. :)

A fully crocheted blouse in black with lace trimmings. Supposed to be a blouse, but I suppose if you are petite, it could make an awesome dress too! USD$5.13

Lace cheongsam for USD$6.50. I actually *did* buy this, but it turned out to be very, very short! Like, just covering my butt kinda short. As you can see, the model is obviously much slimmer than I am, so once *I* am inside the dress, everything became much tighter and body hugging. T_T All was not lost, as I could still wear it as a top... but I really wish I could wear it as a dress. I think this outfit is so cuteeeee! :P

Thought of buying this denim+lace combination, but I think it might be too youthful for me. Too cutesy. USD$6.50

I've always wondered if a shortie like me could pull off long, bohemian dresses. This one is all lace & crochet... USD$8.30!

I like this top! And this whole outfit right thurrrr... USD$4.90 (!!!) for the shirt.

See? Similar style... I'm so predictable. :) I actually got a similar top like this last time (before I found out about Asian fashion websites) that is way more expensive than the USD$7 that this shirt is going for.

Lacey black dress #1 going for USD$6.30. I think it looks very flamboyant and dramatic in this photo, but in reality, I believe it'll probably make my shoulders look way too big. And darn worried that this dress will be so short that it might expose my hoo-ha at anytime.

Lacey black dress #2 (there is so much variety!) which is a toga style dress... with a sleeve made entirely of lace. - USD$7.30. If you're as leggy as the model, you should get this! I can only admire from afar...

Lacey black dress #3, I just like butterfly sleeves at the moment. :) USD$6.20. But this looks more like a blouse, no? All the dresses are really too short!
This is NOT Lacey Black Dress #4. I really think this is a blouse, and I actually wanted to post this more of an example to NOT wear a contrasting color bra with a top which has peekaboo lace detailing. It doesn't look good! As evidenced by this picture. USD$8.30

This dress is so Gossip Girls, especially with the styling for the entire picture! The lace used for the upper portion of the dress also looks different ... unique! USD7.90 for this piece.

After all the lacey black dresses, here is a white version with flutter sleeves. Going for USD$7.30

I really like this top! It also comes in white & heather grey, and I feel like I want all 3! *heart* USD$4.95 only.

Multi-layered and ruffled top in navy. If you're really slim, this is the kinda top you'd want to wear to add on more curves to your body. I think it's really cute, just that it'll look bad on me. Hahaha... USD$6.20

Lace shorts! USD7.90.

A white lace cardigan with ribbon belt, an alternative to the expensive Victoria's Secret one? This one is only going for USD$8.38

Or maybe you'd prefer this jacket-style lace outerwear, which is going for USD8.30?

Well, that's all I have to share for today. Should really stop ogling all these fashion sites because it is really tempting me to go into BBB mode...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP