Powered by Blogger.

My Latest Beauty Buys From Guardian!

 Monday, June 13, 2011

Well, it's not really a haul per se, but what I've bought from the local drugstore recently. Just 2 simple items...~

(1) My Beauty Diary Sweet Teatime Mini Set
I'm having such a good time with the My Beauty Diary face mask set that I promised myself that I would get another box of masks when I finish with my current set. I was thinking of getting another box of 15 masks (+ 2 free) when this little beauty caught my eye.

The new teatime set comes with :
a. Vanilla Souffle Face Scrub (for renewing & moisturising)
b. Strawberry Yogurt Amino Acid Cleanser (for cleansing)
c. Earl Grey Tea & Macaron Face Mask (for brightening & whitening)
d. Chocolate Truffle Mask (for moisturising & firming)


As I'm currently still using another face wash (which is really effective), I'll be breaking open this item for review later. Just showing you the cute packaging for the moment. It's so uber cute! And since this package only comes with 2 masks, I *will* be getting the box of 15s later on. ;P

By the way, I was actually quite disappointed in the packaging because when I opened the box, I found out that the strawberry amino acid cleanser had spilled! Luckily it was not EVERYTHING and everything that had spillage could be washed, but it was such a sad discovery. The box is so cute, I was even thinking of keeping it. Now I just threw everything away.


Just in case you are curious on how to use it, it says to use the vanilla scrub first, then follow it with the strawberry amino acid cleanser, after which you can choose to either have chocolate truffles or earl grey & macarons (masks). Omg, it sounds so cute! *greedy*


(2) Lip Ice Watercolor Lip Moisturiser


There are 4 new colors in Lip Ice's Watercolor collection, namely :
a. Vintage Pink
b. Fantasy Pink
c. Kissy Pink
d. Sexy Pink

I was super attracted to the packaging because I thought the lipstick tube was going to have that interesting angular shape that you see in the picture above. Sadly, that was just the packaging. The real lipstick comes in a regular cylindrical tube in matte black. Nothing special.


IMHO, Sexy Pink is a dark blue pink that does look a little bit old school to me. I think it would suit mature ladies better (this would be me? hehehe. No, I mean older than me! Like 35 and above... but I doubt those ladies would wear Lip Ice). Vintage Pink is a very "standard pink" color... nothing special about it. It's a classic go-to shade, so if you have absolutely NO pink lipsticks at all, you should probably choose this. Kissy Pink is a very vibrant coral color, and I doubt my boyfriend would think that this color equates to kissiness. ;) I chose it because it's an odd color, and cheap lipsticks are good for odd colors that you don't wear too often. Classic shades deserve something more expensive (my own personal rule of thumb). Fantasy Pink was my second choice, but it is more to a red shade than a pink shade.

I totally don't agree with the color scheme they printed on the packaging. I think it doesn't match the colors at all!! For example, my lipstick ended up being bright orange, though it shows coral in the color scheme!

So what is so special about the watercolor series? As with other Lip Ice's, it is a very moisturising lip balm that leaves your lips feeling soft and nourished. For the color, don't be scared of by the orange lipstick, in fact I felt like there was no color / hardly any color after putting it on my lips. I thought of doing a before & after, but I could barely see the difference! So I didn't bother. Maybe I have to REALLY layer it on to see the color, but if what you want is moisturised lips, why would I bother with more than a good ol' swipe? That's really all you need to keep them soft and kissable. ;)

Price wise, it is pricier than average, going for RM11.90 per tube. Honestly, between old Lip Ice and new Lip Ice... I would rather not buy either anymore because I've discovered a new awesome lip balm --- from Nivea. Here are my three lippies :

Left to right : Lip Ice Sheer Color in Strawberry, Lip Ice Water Color in Kissy Pink, Nivea Fruity Shine in Cherry

My Nivea Fruity Shine lippy is really rich, the moisturising touch is there... and it is only RM5.90! Super awesome, right? The color is also an awesome red color (that appears after just one swipe) and has bits of sparkle in it.

After this, I am curious to try Guardian's own in-house brand of lip balm called "Lip Hop". It comes in curious flavors like ice apple and other delicious sounding things. Will review when I actually do get it!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP