Powered by Blogger.

Original Source Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel

 Thursday, June 16, 2011

My gym bath essentials are running out! As I told my colleague, most people would be irritated when they have to restock. Not me! Because I get to try new stuff. ;) After I finished using my Dove shower gel, I'm now using Original Source's Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel at the gym.



I've been a fan of Original Source ever since Ben recommended them to me when we were in London. He was a bit annoyed by my insistence of visiting drugstores, and he said, "Shower gels? Get Original Source, I quite like them". Yes, I quite like them too! I trusted Ben's taste, so I bought almost everything from the Original Source range (I think), except their shea butter and honey shower gel. I've tried everything else!

Last December, I was pleased to find out that Singapore carries the Original Source brand as well. Yay, I don't have to travel so far to restock on Original Source stuff now! However, the range was not as plentiful as in UK. I only managed to restock on 2 "flavors". =( This is my second (and last) bottle of Original Source.

Well, about the shower gel itself --- do not be fooled by the unassuming bright green shower gel, totally devoid of buffing beads and such. According to Original Source, they packed 7927 mint leaves to make this powerful punch. The tingling freshness you get after using this shower gel can still be felt long after you have stepped out of the shower. I think it lasts for another 5-10 minutes. If you're the type who can't stand the feeling of minyak angin (medicated oil), this is probably not the shower gel for you.

As for the tea tree oil, what is it useful for? Well, after some Googling, I found out that the healing properties of tea tree oil is useful for curing :
- toenail fungus
- Athlete's foot
- acne
- dandruff

Except for the last item, I think this truly makes this shower gel the best thing to use after gym. Toenail fungus, Athlete's foot and acne is frequently associated with bad hygiene, especially from sweat! The minty freshness will also sooth sore and tired muscles and leave you feeling really awake and revived. Perfect!

The one bad thing that I can think of about this shower gel is that when you're bathing, you can smell the distinct minty fragrance. However, it doesn't last on your skin. After towelling off, I sniffed at my skin, expecting a lingering whiff of mint. There was none whatsoever. For those people who are big on scents, this is also not the shower gel for you. I don't really mind because bathing after gym usually means it's quite late (I only gym at night at the moment), and I don't need to be perfumed to sleep alone. ;)

Can't wait to restock when I'm in Singapore! *heart*

1 comments:

OriginalSource2013 May 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM  

Hi, Original Source shower gel products are back in Singapore!! There are more interesting flavours like White Pear & Avocado, a sure hit with women. Go to Ebay.com.sg and look for OriginalSource2013!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP