Powered by Blogger.

Getting Ready For Dinner

 Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another make-up post! This time, it's me getting ready to celebrate my paternal grandmother's birthday. I wanted a fun look that was suitable for night, but not too crazy as all my relatives are going to be there. :P At the same time, wanted to try out new make-up that I've bought, and also use up some old make-up that I might have not gotten the chance to show you all before. :)

Transforming from :

To this :

Starting off with a clean palette - clean face, I proceed to moisturise. I'm sick of seeing the Hada Labo moisturiser on my blog, so here's my second go-to moisturiser --- Hazeline Snow! :)

Just dip into the jar and swipe it on... after the liquid-y ease of applying Hada Labo, this does seem like more work, lol. But it's super moisturising and I love the way it feels on my skin.

Next step, full body moisturiser. My boyfriend loves this brand - Vaseline's Aloe Cool & Fresh light moisturising lotion. I think it's ok, but not the MOST fantastic I've ever used. He keeps saying that this is suitable for our weather. To be honest, the only reason he bought HIS moisturiser was because it was going cheap in Watsons, and because he wanted something to soothe his hands after he accidentally brushed against some fibreglass. Random or what?! :

Hehehe... full body application!! You know how generous I am when slathering on lotion? One full long pump for each limb.

Johnson's Baby Powder "Cooling" for daytime. It's only at night that I use the "sleep better" one. :)

Ooh! Let me show you my new purchase. Got this because I wanted to enter a contest, and even then, I was standing in front of the show case for a very very long time. It is Rimmel's Match Perfection Ultra Creamy Compact Powder in "Ivory". It was selling for RM46, but there was an in-house discount of about 30%, so I got it for about RM32.

Why I wasn't impressed enough to buy it straightaway? Firstly, I didn't know about the discount, so price was a bit daunting (yes, I'm stingy). -___-" Secondly, I didn't like how they only had 3 shades - Ivory (the one I got) and two others. On the website it has 16 shades! I don't know if they only stocked 3 shades in the Guardian that I went to, or what.. but it seemed like it was typically slotting it into "Malay / Chinese / Indian" shades and that was annoying. I was so worried that Ivory would be too fair for me, but the beige shade would be too dark. I went with Ivory anyway (because at least it was still a flesh-colored shade. You know, sometimes the really light shades seem to be white?!? Thirdly, am not a fan of Zooey Deschanel or Rimmel products. Had bad encounter with the latter. Hahaha.

I quite like the packaging, after opening it up...


While putting it on, I felt that this was NOT "ultra creamy"... in fact I had quite a hard time applying it as it didn't blend easily. On a good note, it was a perfect match for my skin tone. This, I really liked! Take note, I'm darker than average for a chinese, so if you're fair, this is probably not the shade for you? Also, when I went out later that day, when I was sweating (dang this weather), and I dabbed at my face with tissue, I noticed that my foundation wasn't stained on the tissue! This, I was really amazed! With my mineral foundation, I can 101% guarantee that the foundation would be transferred onto the tissue.

Good stuff, this one. Quite love it already. *heart*

I had to put on quite a few layers and take a while to blend (maybe cos I'm no longer so used to pan foundations, after using mineral foundations for so long), but when I'm done, the coverage is good and it doesn't make the face feel "clogged". Thumbs up!

Skipped the eyes and went to blusher after that. This is a darker shade of blush in matte called "Sunday Brunch" from Everyday Minerals.

Brush it on with my kabuki brush :

Decided to use my L'oreal HiP (high intensity pigments) Bright Shadow Duo in Reckless. Bought this when I was in US. It's super cheap there, but a bit pricier when I saw it in some drugstores in Singapore. Might pick it up cos I want the blue shades! =p Very easy to use, and lasts a long time. And yes, the pigments are quite bright and intense... I find this product very value for money. Who needs M.A.C... hmph (this is just me being jealous). Anyway, thought it was a good choice as I was wearing lots of grey that night, and this, plus my sparkly hairband would set off the monotones and add a bit of youthfulness to my outfit. :)

The base is a sparkly bit of light purple. Sometimes I just wear this alone, but that would be too plain. I always need to shade it in to develop a more "3d" kind of look... hahhaa.

Let me show you my favorite lipgloss! I was actually introduced to it by Michelle Phan, I used to watch all her videos when she was still a Xanga blogger. After she went Youtube, her stuff got more and more sponsored and expensive. Hahaha. I couldn't afford to keep up with her recommendations any more. Anyway, it is Boots No. 7 lipgloss in Flirt. Bought it in US too!

Completed lips:
And then it's eyeliner... my "faithful" gel eyeliner from Maybelline that you've heard so much about by now...

Finished look, once again :

But there's still two more things I need to do. 1 - put on some anti-frizz hair product. Love the Free & Free Damage Aid spray that Pauline got for me from Bangkok! Love the smell, love how it works!

Rub it into the ends of your hair...


2 - spray on some perfume! I got this dirt cheap when I was in Singapore! It's "Love" from the Sex & The City perfume range. Dirt cheap because it's a parallel import, but I think something must be wrong with the goods because the cap of the perfume bottle broke so easily. Hahhaa. But the perfume itself smells nice and is rather long lasting.

Dear mom, now you know why I take so long to get ready!! XOXO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP