Powered by Blogger.

Friends With Benefit [2]

 Friday, June 10, 2011

In order to show you another two items from my Benefit haul collection, I decided to use the products while I was getting ready for cell group today!

First up, You Rebel (Lite) :
I was really reminded about how big of a mistake I made when I bought this! -___- First of all, it still is greasy like anything, even though I wear it alone on my face, with no base or anything else (after all, this is supposed to be all in one). The coverage is REALLY minimum, but what was the clincher was aside from the greasiness, I really felt like this was trapping heat on my skin. Within minutes of wearing this, I started to feel like my face was heating up! Weird!!

Oh, and then I got some in my eye and was in excruciating pain until I could wash it out. I couldn't bear a minute more and then washed off everything so that I could start my make-up again. Sigh... because of this, I didn't have any dinner before I went to cell. *cross*

Secondly, That Gal! :
If you can't see what it says - it's a brightening face primer. Hmm... how shall I describe it? I wear it over my moisturiser (sans foundation) when I want my dull skin to look more glowy. Unlike the You Rebel, it doesn't give a greasey / oily look in the end, but a rather shiny / glowing appearance. If you wear it under foundation, it looks even better, but I'm lazy and sometimes I just use this alone. Like today. :P

Before That Gal :

Skin is clean, but that's about it. :)

After using That Gal! :
You can see that the skin is more "glowy" right? And the pinkness to the cheeks? No blusher or slapping of self... pure That Gal!

Oh, and aside from the lovely glow I get on my skin, I quite like the cooling sensation I get when wearing That Gal! as opposed to the heating up, clogged feeling of having You Rebel on. :( And That Gal! smells quite nice too. Not an overwhelming sweet smell, but something fresh-fruit-ish.

Other products used for today's make-up...
(BTW! Sorry for the differing quality of photos on this blog. It's more convenient for me to use my webcam, but some "Before" & "after" stuff are so much more visible on my normal digital camera. But it's really annoying for me to use the camera, plus the results shown on the camera isn't 100% accurate anyway. Maybe it's the lighting... blehk.)

Not really make up, but I need it ... hence, the face.

One of my go-to eyeshadows. A light shimmery lilac color called "Spin Cycle" from Everyday Minerals. The effect is quite iridescent and subtle, but it gives a little sparkly, understated shine on your lids, and I love it!

This is what the Spin Cycle color looks like. It's very pretty!

The Ever Liner makes another appearance. Annoying... cos it was so hard to put on top of That Gal! and my eyeshadow. I never take so long to put on eyeliner!

Since the effect of the eyeliner was so dismal, I had to use something else to dramatise... I thought of using my Maybelline Great Lash, but it was all dried up and clumped together. -___- On to the next one...

This is actually my fave mascara... maybe because it's the only mascara I ever bought. The others were prize winnings or something that was given free with something else I got. Cos I don't usually wear mascara. I bought this when I had to wear a costume for annual dinner and I was taken in by the XXL length claims. It's quite good even if you don't use the "white" mascara (and I don't cos I'm lazy).

This is me with one side having mascara and the other side without. I think the difference is quite startling! Maybe I *should* start using mascara more often. *convinced*

My very first lip ice ever.... finally finishing. Its called "Sheer Color", but when you put it on, it's sheer, but it turns into a rather deep pink color. Smells synthetically of strawberries, but overall I like it because it really softens the lips and keeps my lips moist!

Completed look! :)

Don't leave home without smelling good. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP