Powered by Blogger.

Yuberactive Review : Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow in Siren

 Monday, June 20, 2011

I have high hopes for the Rimmel Mono Eyeshadows because I've just had a really good encounter with the Rimmel True Match foundation (mentioned here). I was so excited when I found out that Yuberactive said that I could review the mono eyeshadow FOR FREE. I was so excited...

When I received the package, I found out that I got Siren, and I was a little crestfallen. I was *really* hoping not to get the pink eyeshadow because I think that it is hard to create "looks" with pink eyeshadow. I NEVER wear pink eyeshadow! However, I rose to the challenge and used it for 3 different looks, just to see how I can get more out from this small eyeshadow palette. I'm pleased to announce that it's in fact a very wearable shade, and I'm starting to think that it's a must have in any girl's make-up arsenal!

Firstly, the color is described as "pink", but I find it more fuschia (having purple undertones). If I lightly brush on the color, it looks light pink, but if I layer it on, it definitely takes on a more fuschia quality. I think this duality is something that you can't find it other pink eyeshadows on the market.

The color is also long lasting - from morning til night, and I got smooth application and the colors are easy to blend. Here are more photos of the eyeshadow :

Swatch (you can see it is definitely more fuschia here!) :

I know that there are plenty of blogs which will show you some highly technical and fancy eye make-up you can do with pink eyeshadow, but since I'm an amateur, I'll just share how I used my eyeshadow.

(1) The first and most simple one, is to use it as a single color on my eyelids, with simple eyeliner. It's a totally easy, yet funky look thanks to the very funky color :

On the way to my mother's birthday celebration

Close up of the pinkish-purplishness. Do forgive the crooked eyeliner... I was in a rush. :p

(2) For work, I made the Rimmel Siren mono eyeshadow the star color, blended with some neutral browns. I quite like this look! When I wore this at the office, my friends instantly asked me what was the occasion as I looked "glamorous". ;P

Proof that it was really for the office! Hahaha... I might re-do this look for a FOTD to explain what products were used. :)

(3) Lastly, since this palette looked SO much like a blush (I was really wondering if it IS a blusher), I decided to see if I could use it as a blusher. Carefully using my kabuki brush, I lightly brushed it against my cheeks. What do you think? ;) To be honest, I don't really recommend it since they didn't actually say you can do that. :P But since it was so easy to blend, I really got a good, healthy, pink flush from the eyeshadow...


Conclusion? If you like intense pigments and happy colors, this should be a good one for you. At RM14.90 per palette, it's also cheaper than most out there. Plus - cute packaging is always a plus in my books. ;) Hey, you can tell yourself that you're actually getting a two-in-one eyeshadow + blusher!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP