Powered by Blogger.

Cellnique Facial

 Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I bought a facial set from Groupsmore for Lissage De Beaute, because :
1. I haven't gone for a facial in ages
2. Just wanted to undergo the whole "indulgence" and "relaxation" that is associated with facials

Why did I choose this deal? Honestly, because it is near my house... and because it is seemed to be quite worth it. Not too cheap that you wonder if they are going to just wash your face with some cheap cleanser and a rag. Not too expensive that you will balk. Plus, they use Cellnique products that I have heard about (good things, that is), though I haven't gotten a chance to use it. For RM69, I got :
1. facial
2. thermal eye treatment
3. neck & shoulder massage
4. 2x RM30 vouchers for Cellnique products

What I felt most impressed about was that the beauty consultant that I got was very knowledgable, friendly and she speaks English really, really well! I was so afraid that I will get someone who prefers to speak in Mandarin / Cantonese. When dealing with skincare stuff, best to get the point across and not end up with cross wires.

To be honest, I thought my skin was really quite good already, but don't know why, it has started acting up recently. My forehead has some slight ... bumps (not really pimples, just red spots?) and I feel like my T-zone is getting a bit too oily.

My face before the facial :
Hmm.. not a really good photo cos you cannot see the aforementioned bumps on my forehead. But yeah, that's me with no make-up on.

After analysing my skin and what my expectations were from the visit, I was recommended some advance purification facial (don't remember the exact name) which originally costs RM188 by itself. Actually, Lissage de Beaute are having a promotion whereby for RM69, you can get a facial treatment worth RM188... so in fact, I didn't have to buy the Groupon deal! But of course, with the Groupon deal, got some extra-extra stuff... (which I don't really need. =p)

I was taken to a very nice and cosy room (a bit small, but not claustrophobic small), which was very clean, organised. Got some traditional "peaceful" music playing in the background. The yellow lights were of course very welcoming and relaxing. Jane (my beauty consultant) forewarned me that everything will take 2 hours long... I didn't mind.


The facial (all using Cellnique products) started off with her using a milky cleanser on me. Don't really like milky cleansers, but thankfully, the milky cleanser didn't leave any greasy feeling. The skin felt refreshed & thoroughly cleansed. To be honest, I don't remember much after that, but there was :
- a seaweed foam double cleanser, just to make sure things are REALLY clean. Was afraid that it was going to smell HORRIBLE, but there was no smell, in fact.
- steaming... I liked it at first, but the longer I got "steamed", the harder it felt for me to breathe, I thought I was going to suffocate!!
- exfoliation mask which I could feel there were some beads, but she didn't scrub it off my face, but wiped it off. I wonder how exfoliating could it be?
- hydration mask ... but it was only for a short while. I remember vaguely of it smelling fruity!

My favorite yet most hated part was the extraction process. I had no idea that white heads and black heads can be all over your face! All the while I was concentrating on my nose. Well, she really pinched and prodded and squeezed everything out. I have a high pain treshhold, and she definitely approached it, but didn't cross it. Later, she told me that there are still stubborn blackheads near the tip of my nose which she didn't prod out because it would leave scars. =( I wish that she had just squeezed EVERYTHING out... hahhaha.

After that was a very cooling hydration + renewal mask (not sure). It smelled minty and was tingly on my face. I fell asleep with this mask on, which is all for the best because I was so tired the night before. Oh yeah, and Jane also did my eyebrows for me FOC. Hahahha. No wonder I felt like I look so different --- it's because of the brows!

There was toner after that, which smelled like ... something strange. Moisturiser as per norm... oh yeah, halfway through (not sure which part), there was some microdermabrasion of some sort... there was a tool that she lightly whirled all over my face. It's quite soft, not harsh at all. At first I thought it was her fingers, but halfway through I realise she is human and cannot make her fingers vibrate like that.. hahaha!

Oh yes, there was also the thermal eye treatment, but I really can't tell what was happening. Something was applied over my eyes, then covered with cotton pads and there was more steaming. Hahaha. I don't think I really felt anything changed with my eyebags after that...

After picture :
In fact, there is actually MORE redness after the treatment, because she squeezed all my spots. Like see, above my left eyebrow there is a big red pimple? Before it, I promise you I didn't even realise I had a pimple! -___-" Still, I quite like the after effects of the facial. My nose for one, is SUPER SMOOTH... like totally no blackheads / whiteheads near the alars. The rest of my face felt very nice and soft... but then again, after pampering it for 2 hours, I'd be surprised if I didn't feel relaxed and all buttered up.

Oh yeah, there was the aromatherapy massage too.. mmm.. ok lah. Relaxing, but not mindblowing. =p The aromatherapy oils smelled nice though! Anyway, this place is more for facial and such, not really on the massage. I don't think anyone will really seek out Cellnique for massage, but do correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't use both my vouchers that day... cos the prices of Cellnique products are quite expensive, and they didn't let me combine vouchers. So only bought the skin action sebum gel, which I need anyway because I am on the warpath against blackheads and whiteheads. Sigh, I'm guessing the non-comodogenic Organic Aid facial cleanser doesn't really do the job, huh?

Jane also gave me a sample of this skin brightening formula that they have, but I don't think I'll buy it even if I find it's good. Need to save money! However, I think I *would* come back for a facial next time, cos I think this place is quite good and it does the job. Looking forward for more EXTRACTION (not cursing myself with more blackheads / whiteheads, just wanna get rid of what is still stubbornly stuck there) and RELAXATION. =D

By the way, my last facial was ages and ages ago and is NOTHING compared to this. It sucks so bad compared to this one. How bad did it suck? Well, I was wearing make-up when I went for the facial (some eyeliner, because I went somewhere else first before going to the facial parlour), and after cleanser, toner, moisturiser... when I changed back to my own clothes, I saw that I still had bits of eyeliner and mascara on! Total fail!

Where was that facial? It was a Leonard Drake (Dermalogica products) salon, but I don't remember the exact name. Granted, that the facial was not worth as much as this one, but I still paid something like RM70 for it. ~_~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP