Powered by Blogger.

Maybelline Haul!

 Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Argh, I'm really spending too much money, and I'm really supposed to tie the purse strings from now onwards because I have a really huge expenditure coming up! :( But still, I couldn't resist the good deals that I got from the Maybelline Roadshow over the weekend. You might have seen advertisements on the Maybelline roadshow from Nuffnang ads... I know that I found out about it from the ads too! From another blogger, cos my own Nuffnang ads are all alcohol-related. Dunno why a beauty blog gets alcohol ads also. Lol!

Anyway, everything at the roadshow is on 20-50% off! And there are tiered rewards too. Like if you spend above RM20, you get a 40ml bottle of their Make Up Remover. If you spend above RM50, you get both the make up remover & an eyelash curler. Above RM80, and you get those two items, plus a hair & make-up makeover with a photography session (you get an A4 portrait after that). Lastly, above RM120, you get all the above and a Maybelline bag.

Ok, I don't know why I'm telling you all this because the event is over. Trollolololol. :)

This was what I got :
a. Maybelline Color Bloom Lip Smooth in Pink Blossom. I was thinking of getting the peach color one but the SA convinced me that this color is more obvious, the peach one more mute. I had been thinking of getting this, but I have so many lip balms that it's ridiculous. Like, I have unopened lip balms in my collection! But this was on 20% discount, so grab only. :)

b. Maybelline Baby Lips in Smoothing Cherry. Guess what? I haven't even opened the one I got earlier. It is really still in it's box! So why did I get another one? Cos I read many great reviews on Baby Lips, plus the awesome SA let me SMELL each lip balm! In Watsons / Guardian there are no samples, so I always wondered about the scent. I got Smoothing Cherry because it's a very light and sweet cherry scent, different from my existing Nivea Cherry lip balm. I am glad I didn't get the berry one because it's too sweet for me! I would've bought the berry if I didn't have samples at the roadshow because I reckoned that I already have a cherry lipbalm and want something else. :)

c. Bought the Pure. BB Mineral BB Mousse, which is a weird product that I won't go near IF I didn't get to sample it at the roadshow. At the roadshow, I got to try first hand how it can instantly smoothen your skin + leave it breathable (like you can really forget you have anything on your face!) and anyway it was the main thing they were promoting during the roadshow. :D

d. Maybelline Magnum Volume Express Mascara for super lengthening & thickening... actually, I just need a mascara cos my Maybelline XXL mascara is finishing. It was a pretty good mascara but it's "old technology" compared to what a lot of brands are saying they can do for our lashes nowadays.

So I got the make-up remover and the eyelash curler which was awesome because I threw away my RM5 eyelash curler during a room spring-cleaning session recently. And the make-up remover is super useful cos the SA told me that you can put that into your gel eyeliner to revive it! No need to boil your gel eyeliners anymore! Apparently all you need is ONE drop of make-up remover to "melt" the gel eyeliner again. But keep in mind that both my gel eyeliner and the make-up remover are Maybelline brands. I'm not sure if inter-brand mixing will work!

My boyfriend was super super reluctant to let me go for the hair + makeup makeover. Mainly cos it takes 15 minutes to do your hair and another 15 for make-up. And he said that the portrait session looks cheap (cos so happen when we were just checking it out, there was an aunty they made to do a rather admittedly cheap pose... had to lean forward as if showing off cleavage and was holding a scarf / boa thingy...). After much nagging, he agreed to let me do just the hair & make-up, if I don't take the photo in the end. T_T

And then at the very, very ultimate end... I didn't get the make-up done because I noticed the make-up artistes didn't take off your initial make-up. So what's the point right? And I had quite a full face of make-up on that day. But I got my hair makeover, which is actually not so "makeover" (not drastic difference), but I think it looks quite sweet! I like it, but Tron said he's not used to seeing me with my hair down. Lol! What do you think? :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP