Powered by Blogger.

Honey, I Washed The Kids Soap

 Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I decided to use the Honey, I Washed the Kids soap from Lush even though I have a few shower gels in my toilet already! My friends know I love soap so much that they even buy it for me as a present on my birthday!

So, this is one of the biggest best seller at Lush, and it's easy to see why. Was so eager to start using my soaps that I bought a brand new soap dish. Here's my stuff, ready to be transported into the toilet.... *jeng jeng jeng*

I have such a huge chunk of soap that I can't close the soap dish, hehe!

This soap smells almost sickeningly sweet when it was still in the wrapper. A bit of an overkill, although it perfumed my room pretty well. :) However, it is not that strong in the shower, and leaves a very nice, sweet scent lingering on your skin when the shower's done. This soap is made with honey water & caramel, so that explains the extremely sweet scent. Lush also proudly advertises that the soap is made with 4 different types of honey. And REAL honey, not some fake synthetic stuff. This is the Real Deal right here, yo.

I really do enjoy using this soap because it lathers well, it smells great in the shower, and the honey is veryyyy good for sensitive skin like mine. Whenever I feel like I'm about to break out in a rash, a good time in the shower with Honey, I Washed The Kids will leave my skin soothed and happy again. Any red rashy-ness that had threatened to appear will be gone without~a~trace. Amazing!

It is also supposed to be super moisturising for your skin, but I have not particularly felt that. All I know is that this comforting fragrance is wonderful for showers when I've just come home after a long day at work. It feels so warm and fuzzy, totally lovely. However, this also means that it's more suitable to be used at night than in the morning. In the morning, I want total perk-me-up shower gels! Stuff with ingredients that contain citrus oils, mint, etc!

My main hang-up about this soap is that bright yellow thing you see on the soap itself. I just found out that it's beeswax and is supposed to increase the visual appeal of the soap. I don't know if I'm supposed to peel it off or not. It's difficult to scrape off and unlike Demon in the Dark, whereby it is also covered with dark wax, it was practically a must to scrape it off as nothing gets done with the wax covering it, lol. But it was easy to peel off for that soap! This one is pretty hard, and though it is annoying, it doesn't bother me too much. The worst part is just that it leaves my skin feeling "squeaky clean". Like I can see water droplets resting on my skin... hahha..

In case you are wondering, the natural and wonderful effects of honey for your skin are as follow:
a. Honey’'s ability to absorb and retain moisture helps keep skin hydrated and fresh and prevents drying.
b. Honey's natural antioxidant and anti-microbial properties help to protect the skin from the damage of the sun's rays, supports the skin's ability to rejuvenate and refresh depleted skin, leaving it feeling silky soft and supple.
c. Honey absorbs impurities from the pores on the skin, making it an ideal cleansing agent.
(Thanks to this webby for the details!)

No wonder Cleopatra always bathed with milk & honey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP