Powered by Blogger.

Vaseline Healthy White Skin Lightening Lotion

 Monday, November 28, 2011

This is the 2nd type of lotion that I'm using for the Vaseline skin care range. The first one was the aloe vera which was soothing but not very moisturising. Now, I'm using the Healthy White Skin Lightening Lotion.

To be honest, I'm quite confused about this product. Is it supposed to be moisturising as well, or only supposed to be a "skin lightening" lotion? If it's purely for whitening ,then I regret buying it as my goal is not to wear stuff to make me whiter, and I'm more concerned with getting properly moisturised skin. I thought that the skin lightening is an additional bonus on top of the moisturising. No wonder I don't get the ultra moisturised feeling that I get with body butters or stuff from Palmer's. The "moisturised" effect doesn't last very long, though I can still smell the product on my skin.

To me, this product smells pretty "medical", so I don't really like it. In fact, the first time I used it, I was quite disgusted with the smell, but as always, I got used to it. The product claims to achieve radiance within 2 weeks due to their active whitening system that contains :
a. Vitamin B3 to help bring out natural fairness of skin
b. Triple sunscreens to help prevent further darkening
c. Yogurt serum to help provide moisturisation and nourishment to the screen.

For optimal results, you are supposed to use it twice a day. I only use it once a day, as a daytime moisturiser. So far, though I have not seen "radiance", I do think my skin tone is more evened out. I also think that it is quite effective as a sunscreen, as I had to do some charity work under the sun on Saturday, and I couldn't find my sunblock. Decided to use the Vaseline product. Though I did not get burnt in the sun, I really do not recommend following what I did. This product is not a sunblock, and therefore, is not suitable for doing such a job. I sweated profusely because my skin did not find this so "breathable". You know how icky it feels when you're sweating madly and there's a thin layer of product on your skin? It just makes you feel extra hot! This doesn't occur when I used my Avene sunblock last time.

Still, I'm grateful for it for doing the best it could in a tight spot.

Will not repurchase this item because I'm this item is concentrating more on whitening than on moisturising (though there are elements of moisturisation in it). Also, because it doesn't smell good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP