Powered by Blogger.

Champagne Nail Cocktail by Beauty World

 Thursday, November 24, 2011

One of my purchases from Watsons in Singapore, and is something that I've been interested to try - gradient nails! I saw something similar in Sasa before - Hello Kitty gradient nail polish (only two colors though) and it was around RM35. In contrast, this is about RM15, and it has THREE colors. I've not heard of Beauty World before, nor "Champagne Nail Cocktail", but the colors looked quite nice. Heck, for RM15 for 3 small bottles of nail polish, I was willing to experiment! :P

By the way, this was the only color combination on the shelves, but I think it's quite nice. It's like a pinkish-nude, bronzey-brown and golden sparkles.

Instructions on the back of the package, but it's quite a no-brainer. Put the lightest shade all over your nails. The darkest shade goes on like a french manicure on the tips (but you don't need to be so precise, because the sparkles are then randomly applied in the middle of the nail. And then ta-da... gradient colors on your nails! Sweet!

The first color I used is the pale nude-pink, and one warning : this nailpolish is DAMN smelly! The chemical smell is SO strong. ~_~ And the nail polish was very watery, so when I finished, the results were pretty streaky. And it takes quite a while to dry, but then again it never did say it was quick drying. -___- I guess I've just been used to all those quick-dry formulas that I've gotten over-pampered. :)

It was quite annoying that because it was pale and streaky, and I had to wait sooo long for it to dry just so I could apply a second coat. Someone kill me, whatever made me think I was patient enough for gradient nails?!

Hardly noticeable, right?

Next is the bronzey-brown shade, that looks not so nice in the bottle, but comes out very coppery and shimmery. I like! Don't have to be too neat with the application as it's not very noticeable once the golden shimmers are applied all over it!


Lol, I'm lazy and I skipped right to the last picture, with everything fully applied. It doesn't look that "gradient-y" at first because everything is applied so thickly, but as time goes on, and the shimmers drop off, then a more natural gradient appears.

The one AMAZINGLY good thing about this nail polish is that it is so super long lasting. I've painted this two weeks ago and IT STILL HASN'T CHIPPED OFF! It's insane! When I rub my toenails, I feel like there's such a thick and solid layer of nail polish on top of the nails! Good for lazy people like myself who hate repainting nails over and over again. Anyway, it took so long to put on, it's a good thing that it also takes so long to come off! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP