Powered by Blogger.

Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette

 Monday, November 21, 2011

One of my first purchases from Sephora, and my first purchase from Too Faced. I love cute packaging, and though some may think it's a bit too OTT looking (most prefer simple, sleek designs), I like it! To be honest, I liked the Too Faced palettes so much that I was thinking of getting both the Romantic Eye and the Naked Eye palette. But then I decided to hold out for the Urban Decay Naked palette instad.


Aside from Romantic Eye and Naked Eye, they also have Smokey Eye and Natural Eye. To be honest, I think Naked Eye and Natural Eye sounds similar right? Why the differentiation?

If I remember correctly, I think this set me back about RM128. But I have no regrets buying this palette because of the following reasons :
a. very little fallout when applying the eyeshadow - this is important to me because my eyes are VERY sensitive to fallouts. It will itch and "weep" like crazy.
b. nice colors, suitable for all occassions, not just "romantic" occassions
c. nice size, suitable for travel. Do not need to think about what to bring- just pack your Romantic Eye palette!
d. I love the "how to" guides that come with the palette. Check it out :
This is how the palette looks like on the inside :
Close up of the colors :
The largest amounts of eyeshadow are for the all-over eyelid wash + for highlighting. The middle ones are the main color and the ones on your right-most are for the contour-ing / deepening of colors. For me :
Day look : soulmates + i do + un-veil is suitable for any normal look. Suitable for the office & with more un-veil, you can even get a smokey eye look out of this!
Classic look : kiss the bride + cut the cake + first dance is the most "romantic" look out of all 3. It is very sweet and girly, oozes feminity. Suitable for the weekend and dates with the bf!
Fashion look : bouquet toss + honey moon + ever after is really a glam night look. It has the most glitter and shimmer out of all 3 "looks" and gives a very metallic finish. Love it for nights out!

Of course, you can mix and match ~ get creative. But somehow I have fallen into the trap of following just what the product tells me to do. :)

Day Look

Classic Look

Fashion Look

I know this doesn't REALLY ultimately show off the colors so well, but trust me, I'm not a make-up artist / photographer, so up-close it ain't going to showcase the palette off to the max. All I can say is that I love this palette enough to consider buying more Too Faced palettes in the future...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP