Powered by Blogger.

Dodo Fun Fun Pop Cheek Blusher

 Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Got these fun blushers called Dodo Fun Fun Pop Cheek when I was in Sasa, Hong Kong last month. They cost about RM30 after conversion, and are just very cute, travel-size friendly blushers. To be honest, I bought two because I wanted to give one to my boyfriend's sister. But then I couldn't decide which one I wanted to keep. *greedy* The Pearl Orange is now a very "in trend" color for cheeks - it gives you a healthy glow, slightly sunkissed kind of look. The Pearl Pink one looks more "traditional" and "safe". So in the end I kept both. *ashamed*

I only managed to use the blushers when I was in Singapore last weekend, and I loved it! Well, parts of it. For one, I didn't really quite know how to operate it. Based on the instructions, you are supposed to just shake the little bottle up and down for a bit, and the powder will flow from the bottom and up to the spongy top, leaving a light coating, perfect for swiping on your cheeks...

However, after shaking and shaking, I could see SOME color appearing on the sponge, but definitely not enough for an application. My hand was getting sore, and Tron was getting bored waiting for me to get ready to go out...

Finally, I got tired of pumping my hand up and down, and just turned the applicator right into the little tub of powder. Of course, this will guarantee you to get wayyy too much powder on your cheeks, so it was kinda tedious to dust off the excess. Feels so wasteful...

Oh, and don't be afraid of the flourescent orange packaging, I find that this is one of the best coral blushers I've tried! It also has a bit of glitter in it to give a sparkly look to your "I've been out in the sun" look. I love it! You give your make-up look something more of a casual, sporty vibe, which was perfect for my short trip down in Singapore. Very natural look, so this was indeed quite a fun blusher.


This pic taken without flash. Dunno about you, but I feel like I can still see the orangey glow on my cheeks here. Love this pic! :D

With flash... you see, despite the flourescent packaging, the color is really really subtle. Maybe I should be more heavy handed? :D

I'll try the Pearl Pink one soon and hopefully by then I figure out thepackaging! Cos it's really annoying to keep shaking the bottle so violently and getting nowhere fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP