Powered by Blogger.

Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil - Skin Saver #1

 Thursday, November 10, 2011

I need to acredit this miracle worker for helping me get over my bad skin problems! As I've mentioned (whiningly, constantly), my skin got a bad reaction to some sample products that I used when I was travelling in Hong Kong. This lasted for almost a month! I have to say that the Dr Feelgood that I used as a face primer actually was VERY HELPFUL in getting my skin to heal. I could see the skin seemed to be less red (less "angry" I would call it) when I had it on, and I believe the Vitamin C & E in the product helped to tone it down. However, the bumps persisted, until I started using Thursday Plantation's Tea Tree Oil.

I don't even know WHY I got it, as in, why use tea tree oil? But I was desperate as my skin problem had been going on for so long, and I was randomly grabbing stuff that I had read had healing powers. There's also another product that I feel was definitely a Skin Saver, which I will talk about in another entry!

Thursday Plantation's Tea Tree Oil contains purely TEA TREE OIL from Australia and is formulated without parbens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes and phthalates. Basically, it's au naturel baby! It is contains antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties and is nature's solution in preventing infections and relieves inflammation, aids the natural healing process for skin irritations, minor wounds, pimples, cuts, scratches and insect bites / stings.

Though the box directed only 1-2 drops on the affected area, it didn't say how many times a day. :) I used copious amounts of it. Not because I felt like I was in such dire conditions, but because I liked the soothing sensation of the tea tree oil on my inflammed skin, and because it smells nice! Well, it smells a bit too medicine-y for some people cos it smells like NUTMEG. For some reason, it reminds me of old people as well! But I've gotten used to it and heck care that this smells stronger than the perfume I have on for the day. :P

I would say that within 1 week of using this product, my inflammed skin is no more, and I feel like I've regained my confidence again. So I super LOVE this product. Tea tree oil forever! It's a bit pricey (I think more than RM20?) but you can use this 25ml bottle until 2015, and despite my generous application, my product is no where near finishing! Since it is so versatile, I can use it for anything! Mosquito bites, pimples... what can this product NOT do?

Other usages for this wonder product :
"Tea Tree Oil has wonderful properties that makes it a popular natural agent for curing all three types of infectious organisms: fungus, bacteria, and virus. More importantly, it is known to effectively fight a number of infections that are resistant to some antibiotics. Therefore, Tea Tree Oil is an excellent natural remedy for hundreds of bacterial and fungal skin ailments such as acne, abscess, oily skin, blisters, sun burns, athlete's foot, warts, herpes, insect bites, rashes, dandruff and other minor wounds and irritations.

Studies have shown that Tea Tree Oil also treats respiratory problems ranging from common sore throats, coughs and runny nose to severe conditions such as asthma, tuberculosis, and bronchitis. The anti-viral properties of the oil fight many common infectious diseases such as chicken pox, shingles and measles, flu, cold sores and verrucae. It also strengthens the body's immune system, which is often weakened by stress, illness, or by the use of antibiotics and other drugs. It can also be used as a mouth wash, since it is highly effective in healing oral candidiasis (a fungal infection of mouth and throat)."

(Thanks to this website for all the information!)

Finally, in case you were wondering about the brand "Thursday Plantation" - In the 1970s, Eric White pioneered Australia's Tea Tree Oil industry, realising his dream in the alternately floodwashed and drought-baked Bungawalbyn wetlands of northern New South Wales. After many years of hard work, painstaking research and lobbying, a crown lease was granted. It arrived on a Thursday in 1976... and Thursday Plantation was born.

(taken from the box, hehe)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP