Powered by Blogger.

Dirty Springwash Shower Gel

 Sunday, November 13, 2011


I took my DIRTY Springwash Shower Gel from Lush along with me to Singapore recently, and it was a really good choice for a travel companion. For one thing --- the DIRTY Springwash Shower Gel is actually both a shower gel AND a shampoo! Yay for travelling light! Plus, the minty fresh shower gel appeals to both men and women - yes, my boyfriend finally indulged in a Lush goodie! (He still hasn't used the free soap the Lush lady gave him!)

The only thing he complained about was why I bought something that is called "Gorilla Perfume". So unappealing, he says. Haha!

The main ingredient in this shower gel is SPEARMINT OIL. Spearmint is refreshing and cooling on the skin, and is used in the product to cleanse and naturally deodorize. That tingly sensation in your toothpaste or when you're chewing gum? Well, imagine it all over your body!

Personally, I didn't like this as a shower gel as much as my boyfriend did. He used words like Refreshing! Rejuvenating! Squeaky Clean! But for me, it really felt too much like rubbing toothpaste all over myself. It was disturbing and though I did have a refreshed, clean feeling at the end of the day, I still felt odd. Thankfully, the spearmint fragrance fades off to a very subtle hint after the shower, otherwise I would feel like a walking toothpaste commercial.

On the other hand, I think that this product performs WONDERFULLY as a shampoo! The sensation of spearmint on your scalp --- oh God... it's so orgasmic! It really feels like you are lifting up every single bit of dirt from your scalp and it can finally BREATHE again. You feel like singing, "A WHOLE NEW WORLD"... so wonderful is the feeling! Plus, when your hair is dried, I feel that it gave my hair more "weight" than usual. Definitely did more for me than "Strong & Weighty" shampoo from Clairol Herbal Essences!

I think this shower gel would be a lovely gift for your man --- you know how "practical" they are, wanting to double up their shower gel and shampoos. ;) Plus, if your man is like Tron, he will definitely love it. Tron said he would get this the next time he sees a Lush store, as it is more worth it than a similar two-in-one product that he saw in Kiehls. Lush sells the 250ml bottle for about RM50, which I too think is a good deal. The Kiehls one was more than RM100!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP