Powered by Blogger.

Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Skin Care Oil - Skin Saver #3

 Saturday, November 12, 2011

My final part of the Skin Saver series... and it's Fruit of the Earth's Vitamin E Skin Care Oil! As I've mentioned about the benefits of Vitamin E before, I knew that it could help with the scarring from the skin inflammation.



Basically, what was happening to my skin :
a. gets rid at areas which never got red before
b. small bumps will come out
c. flaking around my mouth area --- kinda made me feel like I had a beard!
d. I would rub the flaky bits from my mouth, until they became raw... hence the scarring..

And because of the scarring, or at least the very raw red bits of flesh on my face (wtf), I got the Vitamin E oil, in order to aid drying of the skin, etc etc. Why did I get this brand? Well, for one, it is freaking cheap. For 28,000 I.U per ounce of PURE VITAMIN E oil, it was only RM14. It's ridiculous, especially when there are brands that are selling it for almost double the price. I quite enjoy their cocoa butter skin lotion (that I blogged about earlier), so I reckoned that this brand is a cheapie but goodie type.

The box said : "Pure, full strength 100% Vitamin E (dl-Alpha Tocopherol) contains 1,000 international units per gram or 28,000 international units per fluid ounce. See what a marvelous difference this precious oil can make on the tiny lines around your eyes and corners of your mouth, nose, lips, throat. Use lightly as a day moisturiser, a few drops more at night."

It further informs us that the 100% concentration of Vitamin E is for MAXIMUM HEALING POWER. Healing what, you ask? Well :
~ the ability to sooth dry & cracked lips
~ moisturises tiny lines around eyes, nose and throat
~ helps promote healing of scars, burns, blemishes
Or so Fruit of the Earth tells me!

Personally for me, the oil is REALLY thick and weird. And it is VERY hard to flow out of the bottle. I thought Vitamin E oil is going to be stinky, but in fact this has no odour whatsoever. It is quite sticky and it rests uncomfortably on the skin. There is no way that it gets absorbed and la-dee-da you forget about it later. The stickiness remains, so you will definitely know it is there. If you know what is Zam-Buk --- this feels like Zam-Buk, but x100. It is very very sticky!!

I also disagree with the box when it says that I can use it as a DAY MOISTURISER. Unless this is meant to be mixed in with something else (I can't imagine what), you don't want to walk out with this on your face. You know why? Because there will be one nice and shiny patch right on your face, visible for all to see! I should know, cos I wanted to heal my blemishes ASAP, so I wanted to put it on the affected areas and go to work. It looked like I drank some oil and forgot to wipe my mouth after. Lol!

Having said that, this product really did help to heal my skin. Not only did the rawness dry up quicker, but the scarring faded off faster than usual as well. The scarring isn't 100% gone, but it's much better than before. Basically, I'm just thankful for this, the tea tree oil and my Blooming of Beauty masks. =)

3 comments:

JAIGANESH June 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM  

hello there, im from malaysia same country as u, recently i had a scar on my face,so can i buy Fruit of the Earth's Vitamin E Skin Care Oil from u?contact me from this e mail id jaiganesh5055@gmail.com

Unknown February 27, 2013 at 2:36 AM  

I remember using this product few years back. it was my mom's.
where can I buy this? email me on iam.zuan@yahoo.com
i really need ur help.
thanks ;')

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP