Powered by Blogger.

My Beauty Diary Collagen Firming Mask

 Thursday, December 1, 2011

My last mask from my special box of My Beauty Diary Masks! It's been a while since I treated myself to a mask (had not had the time to do so), but I managed to enjoy my last piece of My Beauty Diary mask. The Collagen Firming Mask is for firming and intensive repair, and is a NEW product in the My Beauty Diary range. (TBH, I don't know how "new" it is since this box of My Beauty Diary masks has been on sale for a really, really long time!)

I really am going to miss how essence-soaked each mask is! Seriously dripping wet mask out of the packet, and a lot of essence still left inside the packet after! I have not tried it before, but I *think* you can put another mask inside there to soak up all the essence so that you can get two masks for the price of one in the end!

I'm trying REALLY hard to smile under the mask! :D

This mask is super moisturising, and I left it on for 40 minutes, and everything was still sopping wet. My face felt smooth and the skin was nice and "bouncey". However, there was no nice scent, so a bit disappointed in that area. Otherwise, a decent mask from My Beauty Diary.

What's up with "collagen" masks and is it able to be absorbed by the skin?
"An answer from Yahoo! Questions say : "Collagen creams don't really work because they can't be absorbed deeply into the dermis. They'll sit on top of the epidermis but can't penetrate deep down. Your skin produces its own collagen and the only way to stimulate more collagen is to use a laser on your skin or inject a filler into the skin. If you're looking for a body lotion, just use something that really hydrates and leaves your skin looking good. In a facial lotion, glycolic acid is a little better for routing maintenance and looking younger. "

So now you know. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP