Powered by Blogger.

Johnson's Body Care 24 Hour Lasting Moisture Body Lotion

 Tuesday, December 27, 2011



I've got a lot of Johnson's products, thanks to contests that tempt me with the dream of owning my own "dream house". -___- In fact, I've used this product before, but never reviewed it before. Never too late, I suppose. ;) This is part of Johnson's new Body Care range, and it is the "24 Hour Lasting Moisture Body Lotion" with shea butter, vitamin E and jojoba oil for touchably baby-soft skin.

There are actually 3 products in their Body Care range. Aside from this one, there is the "Melt Away Stress Daily Calming Lotion" and the "Naturally White Daily UV Lotion". I've only tried this and the calming lotion as I generally TRY to avoid whitening lotions as whitening my skin is not top priority for me.

So how does this lotion fare for me? Straight out of the bottle, the scent is a little bit too STRONG for me, a little too FLORAL. However, the scent doesn't really last for a long time, and after an hour, you can barely smell anything on your skin. Strange, considering they call it a 24 hour moisturiser. Then again, if it's so strong that it smells strongly for 24 hours straight, it would be too scary.

By the way, some says that the perfume smells PEACHY, and some says it smells like TUBEROSE. To me, it smells NOTHING like the abovementioned. It just smells like some generic floral scent. Sorry, can't pinpoint the exact plant for you.

I'm not understanding why so many people are saying how moisturising it is, wonderful, etc etc. To me, yeah, I guess my skin is moisturised, but it isn't extra super soft or something. Maybe I just have extra leathery skin, lol. Maybe within 30 minutes of having this on, you would feel a significant difference, but the effects definitely fade with time. I don't care if this product claims that it's still moisturising you up to 24 hours even after you have washed it off, I really do not feel the difference.

However, having said that --- for the PRICE, I suppose it is quite "worth it". You can get a 200ml bottle for around RM6-7. It's a pretty handy, travel-friendly size, so you can cart it around with you everywhere. I usually take this around when I go to the gym because I can't be lugging around my Vaseline (which is almost double the size of the Johnson's one), which also has a pump-style dispenser, which means I could accidentally pump some moisturiser into my clothes. -__-"

Johnson's claims that this product helps your dry skin in 3 different ways :
1) shea butter helps reduce skin tightness
2) vitamin E helps lessen skin flakiness
3) jojoba oil helps revive dull looking skin

For better results, recommended to use this with the 24 Hour Lasting Moisture Body Wash.

4 comments:

Isabel December 27, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

*stares at snake skin legs*
*le sigh*

My dry skin probably makes a dried-up-until-crack pond jealous. So far, only emu oil (the oil itself, not a lotion containing 1% of emu oil) has been quite good for my skin but it's super duper expensive so forget it. Tried this and that lotion and I think for relatively affordable lotions, I'll go for palmer's cocoa butter (white bottle, I think).

Leech The Leceh December 27, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

Palmer's Cocoa butter is really good! Super moisturising. I don't have dry skin, so I can't use too heavy duty stuff. I used the Organic Aid (which I saw you reviewed before too ;p) before and it caused me to have breakouts. Emu oil sounds interesting! Haven't heard of it before.

A cheaper version of the Palmer's one is Fruit of the Earth which is not bad and very cheap. But you gotta rub it in vigorously as it doesn't absorb that easily. (IMHO) :P

Michelle Tam December 28, 2011 at 3:33 AM  

hi leech! :) really enjoying this blog in addition to your other one, thanks for being so rajin and posting up such detailed + honest reviews of your drugstore hauls! giving the My Beauty Diary masks a go as my skin's been dry for the longest time.

keep writing, always loved keeping up with what's going on with you, take care and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

love,
mich

p.s. and a belated merry christmas to you! <3

Leech The Leceh December 28, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

hey michie!! omg, so kind of you to read this blog as well as the other one! I started off this blog as just a way to experiment with making money online, but halfway found that I enjoyed documenting what drugstore products I use. Hehehe. Didn't think that there would be people interested in reading this. :)

I hope you find the My Beauty Diary masks good, if not other products pple claimed are good for dry skin are the Organic Aid Vitamin E cream, and personally for myself - anything with hyaluronic acid is good! :) Oh, or what Isabel above commented -- emu oil!

merry xmas and happy holidays to you too dearie! Take care and hope life is treating you superbly!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP