Powered by Blogger.

Vera Wang Rock Princess Perfume

 Wednesday, December 21, 2011


I always bring perfume samples when I travel, because aside from the lighter luggage, it's like "oh, I'm in a totally exotic place right now, let me try something ELSE that is totally out of norm too!" Yea, I know Singapore is not THAT exotic, but it's still something different from the norm for me! (Though at the rate I keep returning there, turning to the norm pretty fast.)

Back home, I'm pretty typical with my perfume choices. I always use green tea perfumes for work (cos it's calming, not-offensive, not screaming for attention, but sweet and somewhat serious too, IMHO). Right now, I'm using Estee Lauder's Green Tea Lavender.
For weekend dates, I usually use stuff that my boyfriend bought for me... because, hey, that's what he wants me to smell like, right? It's usually Vera Wang's Princess or Burberry Body (yes, quite new perfumes the boy bought for me... he's a perfume freak!).
Occasionally when I see the other 15 or so bottles sitting on my dresser, I feel bad and spritz something else. But usually it's one of these 3.

I got this Vera Wang Rock Princess sample along with the birthday gift Tron got for me. I love Vera Wang's Princess, so Rock Princess should be good too, right?

Personally, I don't really like it, because I find the scent a bit too in-your-face. It's LOUD and it is the type that makes me think that something is physically forcing itself up my nostrils. I also don't like the fruity scent. Usually I like fruity scents, but this one is very artificial. I can't quite put my finger on it. Thankfully, the middle and base notes are more subtle, so as the day goes by, it's more bearable. I guess I prefer the floral side of this perfume more than the jarring fruity top notes.

Perfume top notes : white peach, red raspberry, bergamot
Middle notes : heliotrope, vintage-inspired rose, night blossoming jasmine, lily
Base notes : cashmere, musk, iris and creamy coconut

Anyway, this perfume is apparently a limited edition (IMHO - thankfully), not sure if you can get it anymore. I haven't seen it being sold anyway. If you're thinking of getting Vera Wang for your girlfriend, be assured that Princess is a much, much better choice. Both in terms of the actual scent and the bottle design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP