Powered by Blogger.

Montagne Jeunesse Anti-Stress Mud Pac

 Sunday, December 18, 2011

So THIS is my "mask" of choice when I was in Singapore! It is the Montagne Jeunesse Anti-Stress Mud Pac! I was really looking forward to painting my face bright blue, just like the model on the packaging! ;)

I have stressed time and time again how worth-it the MJ masks are because one packet is great for multiple uses. YET, I keep going back to paper masks due to convenience and because I cannot store the "leftover" masks properly. I usually keep it in the toilet (in the half-opened packaging) and it dries up, it is icky, it doesn't look inviting anymore... sigh. However, because I was on holiday and I could ~luxuriate~, I wound up doing a mud pack everyday when I was there. And let me tell you ... it was HEAVENLY!!

I was there for 3 nights, and every day when I got back to the hotel, all sticky... this would feel like such a great comfort to my skin. It was cooling and tingly, smelled oh-so-refreshing and left my skin feeling pampered up. I didn't even need to put it on for very long. 10 -15 minutes is enough for the skin to absorb the goodness, and because of all the minty, tingly sensations, it really does help me feel more relaxed and stress-free!

MJ claims that they have harvested ultra deep cleansing Dead Sea Mud to draw out impurities and blocked pores to leave skin feeling clear and soft. Dead Sea Salt is also one of the ingredients and you might be wondering what are the benefits of the Dead Sea Salt anyway?

"The waters from the Dead Sea are unique in that they contain 27% of various salts as compared to 3% in normal sea water. Further, while sodium accounts for approximately 80% of the salt content of normal sea water, it comprises much less of the salt total in water from the Dead Sea. The balance of the salts in Dead Sea water are magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride and bromides.

Magnesium is important for both combating stress and fluid retention, slowing skin aging and calming the nervous system. Calcium is effective at preventing water retention, increasing circulation and strengthening bones and nails. Potassium energizes the body, helps to balance skin moisture and is a crucial mineral to replenish following intense exercise. Bromides act to ease muscle stiffness and relax muscles. Sodium is important for the lymphatic fluid balance (this in turn is important for immune system function). So we can see that bathing in high quality sea salt could replenish the minerals which are critical to our skin metabolism." [Source : SaltWorks ]

Regardless of all the technical mumbo-jumbo, all I know is that it feels really good on my skin. One of the best products I've used from MJ!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP