Powered by Blogger.

Fresh Sugar Lychee EDP

 Thursday, December 29, 2011

This was an impulse buy in Sephora, Singapore back in November 2011. I thought Fresh was a new brand, but apparently they've been around for yonks. Another popular product in their range is their brown sugar scrubs (lip scrub, body scrub) and brown sugar perfume. I've tried it before, but I still prefer my Sugar Lychee EDP. A 30ml bottle would cost you somewhere between RM100 - RM150. I don't know exactly because I bought a couple of items from Sephora and I don't keep receipts to remind me of how much I spend. I pay the painful bulk amount to the credit card company and then lick my wounds alone in my room while staring at all the stuff around me.

True story, bro.

This perfume captured my boyfriend's and my heart after just one spritz. It definitely catches your attention, but not in a "I'm jamming my fingers up your nostril" kind of way. It's supposed to be a fresh, fruity scent, but it's really like no other fruity scent (I know of) around. It's so unique, and I bet that if you tell the admirers around you who ask you just WHAT is that wonderful perfume, they won't even have heard about it.

[Maybe I should keep this secret to myself too..]

It is also a sweet scent, but not cloyingly so. It just isn't typical. Trust me... go to Sephora and try it yourself. It smells so delicious, so edible, so REFRESHING. Like a cold glass of juice on a hot day. Just smelling it awakens the senses and invigorates me. I just can't tell you how much I like this scent because I'm not that great with words and I won't do the product justice.

Just don't look down on it's humble, unassuming packaging. You don't have to be so fancy to smell great. ;) Anyway, I personally like the bottle as it is easy to handle, looks classy with it's shiny silver cap

  • Top notes are grapefruit, Italian lemon, lime blossom
  • Heart notes are lychee, lotus flower, freesia
  • Base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber
I guess the top citrusy notes are the reason why it smells so refreshing and invigorating.. I like the middle notes the most, as that's when you can really smell the lychee. However, by the time it reaches the base note, the perfume is not that strong anymore, and to be honest - base notes like sandalwood, tonka bean and amber are pretty common. Sure, you'd still be able to sniff out some traces of lychee if you sniff hard enough, but why don't you just give yourself another spritz and enjoy it all over again. :D

As for repurchasing, I would... but I have a LOT of other perfume already! I would rather just try to finish up what I *do* have than repurchase one item that has finished. Therefore, although I love this perfume a lot, I only use it on special, special occassions. If I were to give this perfume to someone like my mom, she would probably finish it for me within a month. Hehehe...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP