Powered by Blogger.

Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel

 Saturday, December 24, 2011


The Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel was recommended to me by my facial therapist because she knows about my war on blackheads. Yes, I am quite a fan of Cellnique products, so I bought this even though it's on the pricier end. I think around RM200+? But I had an RM30 discount coupon as well, so some small consolation for myself lah.

What is the function of the sebum gel? To be honest, my expectations were that it either scrubs off all blackheads foreverly forever (like when I rub it in, I can rub out blackheads... lololol) or that it can stop blackheads from even APPEARING. Of course, I was disappointed when it did not happen. I wanted to blog a hate entry about it, but then I went for my 2nd facial...

When I complained to the facial therapist that the product not really working for me, she said that it's not supposed to stop blackheads from appearing... it makes blackheads EASIER to remove. It "softens" the stubborn blackheads that are "stuck" there, and next time it can be washed off or squeezed out easier. She said sometimes some blackheads are so stubborn that even when you squeeze and squeeze, it won't come out, and it just causes you a lot of unnecessary pain. However, as with all products, you have to use this CONSTANTLY, and really make it part of your skincare regime. After she told me that, I decided to take on the challenge and include it in. I usually apply the sebum gel to my nose (most of the gel winds up here), a little on the T-zone and the rest on my chin. I don't usually squeeze or even notice blackheads on my forehead and chin, but the facial therapist often squeezes those areas also, so ... just in case lah.

The gel is actually quite fun to use. The first time I applied it, it was soooo cooling and tingly. I really thought it was activating something magnificent and I could see bits of blackheads coming out. Lol! However, subsequent reactions using the gel not as tingly as before. Wonder why! It is still cooling and smells minty though.

Personally, after using it for a few months, I think there is slight improvement. Warning : disturbing pictures to come.

Previously, even after applying the pore strip, my nose still looks like this :

Now, after applying the pore strip, my nose looks much cleaner :

I will definitely continue using this... cos it's showing better results than the blackhead cleaning series I bought from Neutrogena!

2 comments:

Ariel April 25, 2013 at 5:11 AM  

Oh my god. This is amazing. I can only hope for even the first picture. I've also battled blackheads forever - since I was 12. But that second picture seems unbelievable! I mean, let alone blackheads, your pores look GONE. I'm gonna try and find this Cellnique thing... :)

Leech The Leceh April 26, 2013 at 7:03 AM  

hi Ariel, hope it will work wonders for u too! Still have to be diligent in using pore strips / comodone extractors even with the gel... it just makes things easier to press out, but doesn't automatically get rid of it... :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP