Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : NYX Diamond Sparkle

 Sunday, May 13, 2012

Out of all my "cheapie" NYX hauls, I decided to indulge in a more expensive lipstick among all the "less than RM10" lipsticks. The NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipstick costs USD$4.75, about RM15.20, which is still cheaper than most lipsticks that you can get in a drugstore in Malaysia.

I chose "Sparkling Apricot" - DS22. I know, a peachy shade sounds exactly like the "watermelon" shade that I reviewed earlier, butfrom the website, you can see that there's clearly a difference! The sparkling apricot is more peachy and the watermelon one looks more pinkish to me. I don't know about you, but the watermelon was just pure disappointment for me. Not so for the Sparkling Apricot. I love it!


The packaging for this lipstickis slightly more classy than the normal round lipstick range. I like how you can see the color of the lipstick via the see-through bottom part of the lipstick. If you have more than one Diamond Sparkle Lipstick, you can tell which color it is without opening the cover or flipping to the bottom to see the name of the color. Besides, with lipsticks, a visual cue is better than looking at the name of the color at the bottom of the lipstick, right? So yeah, a BIGGGG thumbs up for me in terms of packaging.


The lipstick looks peachy with no pink undertones, and lots of shimmer and sparkle! When applied, it has just the perfect amount of shine. Enough that it is able to hide my dry lips, and not too much that it becomes inappropriate for work. It's really my go-to lipstick for the moment. See the pictures below! :)



Quite liking the Diamond Sparkle range now. :) Won't mind paying the teeny bit extra cos it's my favorite lipstick from all the Nyx lipsticks that I bought so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP