Powered by Blogger.

Lush Noubar Soap

 Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A sample slice of Noubar from Lush courtesy of a lovely sales lady in Hong Kong! I'm a little bit desperate for a last bit of Lush in my shower, having emptied Happy Hippy and all my other soaps. Was so happy when I remembered that I still have this sample. See how small it is? My soap dish looks humongous in comparison. :O


The soap isn't the best smelling thing on earth. I definitely won't buy this soap based on the scent. However, it's a really interesting soap and I'm glad that I got this as a free sample. The soap feels creamy against my skin and really moisturising. It doesn't rinse off with a squeaky clean feeling (my fave), but with the kind of oily, moisturised feeling. The same feeling one would get after using an oil-based cleanser, I guess. I suppose it's because of all the chunks of nuts inside this soap, lots of nut oil or something, hahaha.

In case you think the chopped nuts are really great for exfoliation, it's more like a gentle scrub, a very light massage. You won't feel like there's lots of dead skin being sloughed off. The bits of nuts drop off after a mere two sessions in the shower. It makes me feel like there's huge chunks of soap are being used with each shower. What a waste! :(

The scent that lingers behind on my skin takes a little bit of getting used to, but after a while, I am starting to like it. It's a posh scent that reminds me of green tea actually, but it's really vetivert and rose.

The nuts in the soap? Peanuts, walnuts and pistachios. Pistachio oil is excellent for the skin - it nourishes, softens and hydrates the skin thanks to the vitamins it contains. Used in massage, it is easily absorbed by the skin and gives it a supple and soft nature. As for walnut & peanut oil, can't really find anything of use for it for cosmetic reasons, but apparently it's used for healing certain skin conditions.

Not a repurchase for me in the future though, interesting experiment but not something I would enjoy long term.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP