Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Moisutrising Herb Mask from Skinlite

 Monday, May 28, 2012

The Skinlite Moisturising Herb Mask is one of a bunch of cheap masks that I got from Sasa when I was in Hong Kong. I've tried two others ones and blogged about it over here. Today, I'm trying the Moisturising Herb mask, which, from the soothing and pretty packaging, looks like it's filled with lavender. However, upon reading the packaging, it actually contains Pigweed (Portuloca Oleracea), female ginseng (Angelica Acutiloba), white peony, Shan Zhu Yu (Cornus officinalis fruit) and chinese knotweed. Most of these are chinese herbs and are commonly ingested, not made into masks!

I find it a pretty interesting mask - considering that most of the ingredients are more "chinese" and "traditional", not really things that you would find in cosmetics or that you would expect to have anything that can be beneficial when applied dermally. Skinlite claims that these herbs are especially good for dry skin, provides abundant moisturisation and nourishment to the skin and will leave a "silky texture" behind. :)


 

Having learned from my previous experiences, I was able to adjust the mask accordingly to my face. I think I managed to get a much better fit than I could previously.


I was able to adjust the sheet mask accordingly, but as you can see, there is not really a lot of essence, so  there's already bits of the mask that can't stick closely to the skin even though this picture was taken right after I put it on. After 15 minutes, my skin feels super refreshed and clean, but not really moisturised as what it was supposed to do. However, I do quite like this mask from Skinlite. It smells really nice and soothing, it was a great aromatherapy session in a way. :) Since it's so cheap, it's worth the price, and if I were to buy from Skinlite again, I would definitely get this moisturised herb one again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP