Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : LoveMore Scotland Rose Crystal & Tourmaline Mask

 Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Masks time! I usually treat myself to a mask once a week, and I like to mix things up - not always use the same mask all the time. Most mask companies say that that's NOT the way to go as you'll only get the results when you use it continuously. That is soooo spoilsport of them. ;) Anyway, I bought the LoveMore masks because I was curious about the masks after Xiaxue advertised them. Yes, the cute packaging is really the clincher! I was really looking for the travel sets when I was in Singapore, but the first time I went down, I couldn't find it! I didn't want the monotony of using only ONE type of mask, but since I had no choice, I went with the cute {{pink}} LoveMore Scotland Rose Crystal & Tourmaline mask!

Each box comes with 6 pieces of masks, each individually and beautifully packaged. And each packet contains a high quality mask sheet. There is just enough essence inside the packet, nothing drips!  What I really like about this mask is that it is one of those 3D masks! Although a lot of people doubt whether it really works, I like the temporary feeling of being so tightly wrapped in and "lifted" up. :)There are double hooks from the sides of my ears and over the tops of my ears as well. Trust me! It's really fitted on tight and snug as a bunny!


The mask is supposed to be ultra-nourishing, though I have no freaking idea what is a Scotland rose crystal. The closest I come to is the Scotland rose which looks just like regular roses. Not sure what is extra nourishing properties in the Scotland rose compared to other roses. :) Tourmaline on the other hand, is a relatively inexpensive crystal which APPARENTLY has the properties of being electrically charged when warmed up. Not sure if this includes the minute amounts that appears in the mask (would you want to electrify your face?). Those who are pro-tourmaline would say that this small electrical charges helps your skin to absorb other nutrients better. Others say that this is totally not documented properly any where. It's just one of those things that people like to put into their cosmetics because it sounds good. 


You can see how tightly this mask wraps my fat face in! Hahaha. I actually think that I look like Jigsaw (from Saw) in the 1st face shot. -__-" There is not much of an odour to this mask (no fun), but one thing for sure is that my face felt a bit tingly when I had this mask on! I'm not sure whether this is the tourmaline at work or whether it's just some chemical reaction to my dry skin. A little bit of a complaint about the mask : you can see that there's quite a bit of space between my bottom lip and the mask. And the eye holes are just too big! There is no love for my eyebags from LoveMore.

I've since use this mask 5 times (only one left now!), I don't think my skin is extra nourished or moisturised than before. Sigh. Probably not going to be a repurchase for me! Too expensive, can't be found in Malaysia and doesn't work. But fun though! Wish I had just bought one sheet instead of an entire box!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP