Powered by Blogger.

The Body Shop : Lychee Blossom Shower Gel

 Saturday, May 26, 2012

I really ought to have a "Empties" list to detail what products I finished each month like some of the beauty bloggers do. :) After finishing the Happy Hippy shower gel from Lush, I decided to ((finally)) use one of my many Body Shop shower gels that I get from various sales. This one was bought when I was in Hong Kong, from the Body Shop warehouse store in Tung Chung. I got both the Lychee Blossom shower gel and body lotion (to be reviewed separately).

Lychee Blossom Shower Gel 
"Soap-free cleansing and a sparkling energetic scent. With lychee extract and Community Trade honey from organic sources."

The 200ml bottle of shower gel was 50% off. If I remember correctly, I didn't get a chance to smell the product before buying it because it was so~so~so crowded in the store! I just grabbed what I thought WOULD smell nice and which looked pretty, hahaha.

The slightly-yellow clear liquid smells refreshingly fresh at first, but it can get a bit sickeningly sweet. I use a LOT of shower gel when bathing and I can confirm and chop to you that it is realllllllyy sickeningly sweet and overwhelming.... too much lychee and a sweet, sweet floral scent. Thankfully, OUT of the shower, it leaves a very subtle lychee scent, which is just nice. :)

The shower gel has no exfoliation beads, I feel like it's more for perfuming than for squeaky clean-ness. No doubt it does do the cleaning though. A bit regret using this for my morning showers as it doesn't have enough "kick" in it to wake me up. Not a repurchase either as I'm not big on the scent.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP