Powered by Blogger.

The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo & Conditioner

 Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I got two sachets of The Body Shop's Rainforest Shine shampoo & conditioner while I was vacationing in Singapore last year. They were giving it away as part of a Christmas promotion, and I had been eagerly awaiting for a chance to use and review it. However, I think I used it on a day when this shampoo would be tested to its very limits --- on a day when my hair had been given tonnes of hairspray (was doing a photoshoot).

I was pretty disappointed with this shampoo & conditioner, really. The texture of the liquid is so light, it really feels as if I'm using WATER on my hair only! I know they are trying to go for a very natural, fresh, light type of thing... but hello, you still have a purpose of trying to clean the gunk out of my hair! Then again, as I said, I did "push it to its limits" by trying to wash out a LOT of hairspray from my hair. So I used a more "powerful" shampo which got rid of 90% of the gunk. Then I used the rest of the sachet on my hair... AND I STILL FELT LIKE THE REMAINING 10% gunk is still there! Oh my God. I really give up on this shampoo / conditioner. If I want to wash my hair with just water, I would, and it would definitely be more eco-friendly than your prettily-packaged stuff!

In case you're wondering why this product is labelled "eco-friendly", it's because it is 100% biodegradable and doesn't contain any silicones, sulphates, parabens or colorants. That's why I said it's just pure water, lololol. Ok, I'm sure we can applaud the Body Shop's step towards being more Mother Nature friendly, but I am darn unsatisfied with the results. The only people who I think would be happy with this product are those who are :
- very hippie
- want to wash their hair everyday
- they don't sweat, get themselves in any sort of situation where they might get dirty, e.g; working in a completely clinical, air-conditioned, completely sealed unit, they do not walk outside for lunch, etc

This would be perfect for them then! Cos I think normal shampoos would be too harsh on someone who wants to wash their hair everyday. Plus, they would rest assured that every single bit of their shampoo would go down the drain and not harm any mermaids along the way...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP