Powered by Blogger.

Friday Cheapies : Sunsilk Leave On Hair Serum

 Friday, May 4, 2012

This has been my favorite product from Sunsilk for the past 4-5 years. The Sunsilk Leave-On Hair Serum! The texture is that of a cream, very thick and a bit "oily" on your hands after applying. It is unlike regular serums that are more watery.

The best part about this hair serum? The price! In Thailand, I can get one 50ml bottle for about RM2-3. I think it's around this price in Malaysia as well (I mention Thailand only because Pauline and I used to get our stock there, before they made it available in Malaysia too). Pauline introduced this serum to me because my hair was SUPER frizzy last time. Pauline kept pointing it out to me, and I thought she was being rude and unnecessary. But in fact, it's because she saw that it was a situation that she could change, and wanted to highlight to me that THINGS NEED NOT BE THIS WAY. I kept telling her my hair is naturally "frizzy" and it could only be resolved with rebonding. After rebonding, in a week or two, the ends would go back to natural frizziness. Desperate, I had to put aside my ego and seek Master Pauline for help...

She emptied HALF of this hair serum onto my hair and massaged it in. Hahahaha... I had my own hair therapist! :) Of course, pouring in HALF a bottle is super excessive. This bottle can last you quite long if you just use a 20 sen coin dollop each round. Of course, the day after the hair treatment, my hair was super soft, manageable and STRAIGHT! An affordable product that freaking works --- I totally recommend this!

In the picture above, I got the pink color "Silky Smooth & Manageable" hair serum free from the Sunsilk FB page, while the orange color "Damaged Hair Reconstruction" hair serum was bought in Thailand. I prefer the orange colored one because it smells nicer, and somehow the cream itself is not as "heavy" on my hair. However, in terms of effectiveness, both generally make my hair smoother, less frizzy and looks better! Not sure about the damage reconstruction stuff!

The packaging is nothing to shout about - just a simple twist-to-open nozzle and you squirt the cream out, like ketchup and mustard! Then again, it's only RM2-3!! What are you expecting?!

All in all, this product is probably going to ALWAYS be in my life in one way or another. The pricetag and how it gets the job done makes me give this a thumbs up. The only reason why I could think someone would NOT like it is if they don't like leave-on thick cream type of hair serum. It does feel as if it's like Wella hair gel that my mom used to put on before going to work... but then again, most hair serums ARE leave-on, so we just have to live with it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP