Powered by Blogger.

French Manicure with Sally Hansen

 Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bought this from Guardian because I wanted pretty nails for my ROM --- and was too stingy to go for a manicure. I should've just gone for the manicure cos I really suck at painting my own nails. When it's my toenails, it's all ok because it's so far down (lol), so I can't see all the mistakes up close. But when I do my own fingernails... oh man. What a mess!

So one week before my ROM, I decided to try out the Sally Hansen Sheer Romance French Manicure Kit. Practice makes perfect, right? Paid RM44.90 for this pack of two nail polishes and whatever else you need for a pretty french manicure. Or so they say. -___-


Everything you require for your french manicure! The base is called "Sheer Romance", which is a natural looking watery pink, and "Natural White", which is, well... white as liquid paper. There is also a huge sheet of pre-cut strips of sticky paper for you to mark off where the white tips of your french manicure will be.

This is how my nails look like after two coats of "Sheer Romance". Regretted putting on two coats because it is TWO much. ;) The base is supposed to look very sheer and natural. After two coats, it just looks very messy and lumpy.

Proceeded to mark off the sections with the sticky paper... Oh and I think they give a LOT of stickers, but I was stingy so I kept reusing the same sticky strip again and again! :) This helps you save stickers but helps you waste time! -_-"

After painting 3 nails, I got so fed up. Looks freaking ugly and all mucked up. WTF! Damn ugly. I was so disappointed at this point that I just wiped everything off.

A few days later, I tried it again, but with the lessons learned : only one coat of the base. This is how my nails look like after. With just one coat of the base, the nails look very healthy and shiny. I quite like it! However, I still don't like the white tips. The whites are TOO white, so it doesn't look natural. It looks like I dipped it in liquid paper! Sigh...

Even my very sweet colleague couldn't lie and told me yes, it is just tooooooo big of a contrast compared to normal french manicures. I think a more yellowish-white would look nicer. A very very light yellow, I'm not asking you to look like you have dirty yellow tips ya!

In the end, I just wore "Sheer Romance" on my nails during my registration. :) I liked it, it was simple and matching enough with the rest of my outfit. :)

Still, I really do feel it's a waste of money. RM44.90 for only one nail polish that I like (somewhat). And yes, the quality is good... my nails feel stronger. But because the base is so watery, it doesn't really last for a long time. Less than a week... maybe about 3-4 days? A definite "no" for a repurchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP