Powered by Blogger.

Nyx Watermelon Lipstick

 Sunday, April 29, 2012

Decided to post about my lipsticks / lipglosses only on Sundays, hence Lipstick Sundays! I have been neglecting this blog, and in fact, I have LOTS of things to blog about. If there's anything I'm into, it would be my make-up and drugstore products, and I have been half-assing it so far. Bear with me while I try to revamp this page and make it prettier! :)

Following my first lipstick from NYX (read about it here), I tried the second one I bought from them - Watermelon (LSS616). It is one of those neutral peach-pink type of shades that I thought would be suitable for work.

 
Unlike the super red "Snow White" in my previous post, this lipstick is more "forgiving". It's more shimmery than matte, so even if your lips are a bit cracked / dry, it doesn't show up as badly as the super dark shades. I guess this is common for all lipsticks, and not specific for Nyx! However, quite regret buying this shade because it is TOO shimmery and when I first put it on (without blotting), it looks a LOT like COPPER. Can you imagine wearing copper on your lips? So over and weird. Definitely not a lipstick for the office after all. :\ 


However, it looks quite nice int he picture above. Looks deceptively neutral and pinkish / girlish. Well, this was after a lot of blotting. -__- I would probably use this lipstick over another darker tone to give it a more shimmery look. But I won't wear it on its own anymore! Still, not too bad an excursion with "Watermelon" because it was less than RM10 for this lipstick. I like how affordable Nyx lipsticks are, it gives us gals a chance to be more adventurous with our make-up! 

Off topic, but Watermelon is such a wrong name for this shade. There is nothing "Watermelon"-ish I find about this color at all! Grr... *nitpicking*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP