Powered by Blogger.

The Spa Sample Series (7) : Le Masque Hazelia's Rose Hydro Whitening Renewal Facial Scrub Gel

 Friday, August 26, 2011

It's time for another Le Masque Hazelia outing! By the way, I am finally able to blog a bit more because my training at work has ended. Previously, I'd get home and still have to finish the exercises and test cases. Hallelujah, it's all over. I was also struck by this thought recently - if I keep looking forward to the weekends, that's only 2 days a week that I look forward to. Poor statistics... let's try to look forward to EVERY SINGLE DAY OF OUR LIFE.

**this message has been brought to you by Drug Store Beauty. Free of charge. ;) **

Anyway. Since I had time to thoroughly "enjoy" my experience with LMH, I picked out the Rose Hydro Whitening Renewal Facial Scrub Gel to wash my face after work today. One thing I have to say --- why does Le Masque Hazelia need such long and overtly descriptive names for their products? They seem to find no middle ground. It's either something long like this, or something like "Ultra Gel" that has me wondering what the heck is it for. My face? My body? My teeth?

Straight out from the packet, the facial gel actually smells quite good. Like, a very light rose scent. The gel is.. really like a gel, which I found weird for a face wash. I don't think I've actually ever used a sticky gel kinda face wash before. They are usually cream like... I think the closest I've used is my Simple face wash... but even that wasn't a sticky kinda gel like this one. Le Masque Hazelia is definitely pushing boundaries and innovations with this creation. Lol.

I don't know if you can see it, but the face gel is also a very light pink rose in color. In terms of looks, I would have to say this is pretty interesting. I was also curious -- why is this a scrub, but there are no exfoliating beads whatsoever? How is it going to "scrub" when they have nothing to scrub with? I was actually sorely disappointed by this.

As usual (for Le Masque Hazelia standards)... what smells ok from afar smells like a chemical factory on your face. I tell you... I nearly choked on the rose stench when I was ACTUALLY washing my face with this. ~_~ Why couldn't they have make it less .... odorific. Is this product actually for people who can't smell properly? So they have to make everything super strong?

Oh, and this gel was really weird. Like, once I rubbed it between my hands (trying to get a good lather), it started BALLING up. Then I realised that this was one of those "scrubs" which so-call ball the dirt on your face up. As you keep rubbing the gel on your face, you will see these little balls forming. However, I don't know if those balls are actually the dirt coming off your face or just the gel naturally turning into gel balls. Lol. I don't know how to explain this further, and the following pictures just don't show in full glory what this gel does :


The gel also leaves a rather strange sensation on my face and fingers. I really don't know how to explain it. Maybe.... why are my fingers all pruned up from washing my face with this gel? Maybe that's the strange sensation. I don't know. It's not like it didn't feel cleansed, (though I had the urge to wash my face again after using this) it just felt like something wasn't right...

Though not scandalously bad, and its weirdness intrigues me, I don't think I could bring myself to buy this and continuously use it over a period of time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP