Powered by Blogger.

Montagne Jeunesse Spa Facial Face Tonic

 Friday, August 19, 2011

This is my first "paper mask" from Montagne Jeunesse which has featured on my blog multiple times by now. Been dying to pamper my face with paper mask for a while, and today I was so stressed + felt I am starting to break out, so what better time to do a mask eh? Especially one which claims to be an anti-stress mask that will calm and smooth your skin and uplift your spirit at the same time. Amazing!


First of all, I didn't like how it is packaged inside this packet. I didn't take a picture of the mask right out of the packet, but it was all rolled up and not folded nicely. It took some time for me to unfurl it, and I didn't like the idea of my grubby fingers all over the mask, and then the mask going on my face. Also, it left the mask all wrinkly. There's not a lot of essence on this mask as well, so it doesn't really stick right to your face. Anyway, you're only supposed to put it on your face for 5 minutes, so I suppose they don't want you sitting around with a sodding wet piece of paper on your face, waiting for it to dry?

I do think this bright blue mask is rather unique and novel, but as you can clearly see from the picture, it is not a good fit at all. As mentioned, there's not a lot of essence, so the mask can't stick directly to my face. I also find the nose area very weird... why leave a gaping hole there? My nose deserves to be stress-free as well, right? And this is not the problem of my flat Asian nose or whatever... you can see the model on the packaging also has her nose totally exposed. I find that weird.

On the other hand ... why is the mouth totally covered up? Yeah, it LOOKS like I can pull it out, but why isn't it a ready-cut hole like the eyeholes and the gaping NOSEhole. Lol. When I was doing the mask, I was too lazy to refer to the packet, so I decided to sit around looking like some pariah version of Deadpool. With glasses on. Anyway, I reckoned that if my nose couldn't become stress-free, maybe my lips could!




Aside from the bad fit of the mask, this mask actually had a very soothing fragrance, and felt minty, tingly on my skin. I don't see where the dead sea minerals come in, but my skin did feel nice, cooled down and less sensitive when I was finished with the mask. If only Montagne Jeunesse could come up with a better design for the face mask, I would consider buying this on a regular basis! It really does feel & smell that good! :)

2 comments:

A peacock's tale September 22, 2011 at 6:13 AM  

you remove the mouth bit and place it on the exposed part of your nose-- I also found it a strange shape/ size.

Leech The Leceh September 26, 2011 at 9:53 AM  

haha, thanks for the information! i saw from the packet that the mouth piece thingy could be removed, but the nose was left exposed. all in all, it's just a weird design! why couldn't they have made the nose part one piece and have the mouth part cut out already? :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP