Powered by Blogger.

The Spa Sample Series (5) : Le Masque Hazelia's Aloe G5 Essence Gel

 Saturday, August 13, 2011

I was telling my friend about Le Masque Hazelia, and he asked me what does the name even mean. I reckoned that there was a girl called Hazel and she wanted to start a beauty line selling masks. She reckoned that nobody would buy stuff from her if she called it "Hazel's Masks" so she decided to go Frenchy and came up with the name "Le Masque Hazelia". He said it was a bunch of crap, so I decided to use Babelfish to translate it for me :

Then my friend said that it actually sounds more Spanish than French. Omg, he is so right! This is what Le Masque Hazelia *really* means :

Now that we've gotten that outta the way, let me tell you about the next product from them that I tried : The Aloe G5 Essence Gel! Why a G5? I suppose it is not good enough to be "like a G6"! Muwahahha. At first, I thought of using this as a face cream after the aloe-vera face scrub cream, but then I decided that with my previous (un)happy experiences with this brand, the condition of my skin was way to precious to be compromised. I decided to use it as a body moisturiser. You might think my body is a way more vast expanse of skin to risk compared to my face, but hey --- if my skin gets an awful reaction from the cream, it can still be hidden with trousers and sweaters. What can I use to hide my face? A burqa?!

Surprisingly, the jelly-like texture of this gel was not at all unpleasant. It also had a very "green" type of scent, totally different from the chemical-like face scrub. I'm always confused by Le Masque Hazelia because although products seem to belong in the same "range" (e.g: previously the 'whitening' series, and now the 'aloe' series), they don't smell anything like each other. The gel also felt cool against my hand, and very inviting.

After spreading the gel all over my limbs, I was impressed that there were no unpleasant side effects of any kind! Finally, a usable product from LMH? It also felt cooling against my skin, I suppose it's actually something like an after-sun skin care kinda gel. Hahaha. But aside from the cooling sensation (that didn't last long), there were no moisturising effects WHATSOEVER for this gel, which kinda makes me question its purpose.

It also isn't quickly absorbed, so later in the day, I was wondering why there were sticky patches on parts of my limb. Oh say WHAT? The gel is still there??? How much more do I need to rub it in?

All in all, I suppose if you HAD to buy something from LMH, I would say that this is your safest bet so far. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP