Powered by Blogger.

ASOS Dresses (Part Three)

 Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Omg! So, the last time I wrote, I said that ASOS was an evil temptress because they always have nice stuff... that they don't ship to Malaysia. Cos last time, my billing address (for the credit card) couldn't be from Malaysia (the country was not available in the drop down list, so I couldn't even use VPOST services to ship the package to somewhere within UK, and then VPOST would ship it back to me).

Thankfully, Sookie commented that they HAVE changed that and she has ordered stuff from the site WITH NO PROBLEMS. I went back to my ASOS account and saw that indeed I could select my billing address to be from Malaysia. PLUS --- FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. Is that great or what?!!? There's no "spend above RM500 and then you get free shipping". It's like freaking no conditions free shipping!!!!!! You could just buy a 2 pound item and they would still ship it to you for free.

And yes, I bought 3 items from ASOS recently --- placed the order on the 5th of August. Today, came home and saw the items delivered safely to me. Zomg! I got 3 dresses, lol. So typical of me - lots of stuff in ASOS but I keep going back to the dresses. Anyway, I'm a UK size 8, and the dresses are all so figure hugging, I need to get a corset after this because my pooch of a uterus keeps poking out (that's what I keep blaming my tummy on. It's the uterus taking up space. Nope, it's not fats... *denial*)

Anyway, this is the final part of my ASOS Dresses series... consisting of all the pretty dresses that I wish I had the moolah to buy. Sigh! Oh yah, Sookie also says --- be careful not to purchase above RM500, otherwise you will incur taxes, and you'll have to pick the package up from KLIA itself and get charged some pretty hefty price. Be a cheapo like me. ;)

This dress reminds me of Austin Powers for some reason or another. Maybe cos the model looks like Mena Suvari, hehe. Anyway, it's such a fun dress, and stripes are always in, right? I love the gradient effect, and the thin red belt makes it look a wee bit more structured. Going for £65

I think you can tell by now that I'm a fan of dresses with low backs. :) Cos I think I have a nice back, so I wanna show it off more! One of the 3 dresses that I just bought has a very deep "V" back. I'm loving it! This one is £67.

Hmm... this dress reminds me of the Grecian one in Part Two of this series, but without the cut-outs. :) I quite like the draping of the chiffon-like cloth over the silk. This one costs £70

I'm entranced by long dresses --- entranced with whether I would drown in it or carry it off as elegantly as the models do. ;P This one looks easy-breezy casual, yet with the material and cutting, could be something formal as well. I'm confused. It's from MNG and it costs £149.90.

Ooh! I'm so into dresses with origami folds! So intricate and it looks like you're wearing a piece of architecture, and not really a dress! This one is from the ASOS in-house brand and costs a whopping £150.

More pleats & folds that I likey, in a bright orange! I'm currently liking orange very much. This one is from Karen Millen, and it costs £160. Buy it for a special occasion?

Sigh, I'm also big on bold, colorful prints. I think this is from Karen Millen too -- not too sure. The pricetag? £175.

I am squealing with delight at this classy looking fringe flapper dress! I know there are cheaper alternatives, but those kinda look... cheap. Doh! This one is also from Karen Millen and it is going for £190. You can see, even the fringe looks different from other fringe dresses. I don't know how to explain, it is just different lah. ;P Though I know dresses like these are a one-off kinda thing and doesn't justify the pricetag... sigh.

A simple, beautifully tailored, fitted dress with slight detailing around the bust area. Simple? Chic? Classy? Would you pay £190 for it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP