Powered by Blogger.

Cellnique Facial Part 2

 Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So I bought a package from Lissage De Beaute in SS15 - RM188 for 2 facials. This was my first one. I think it's quite worth it... it's RM94 for a 1.5 hour facial. However, I didn't enjoy my facial as much as I did the first time. Probably because at the end of the facial, they asked me to repurchase another package --- this time RM688 for 6 facials. It's more expensive than the one I'm currently having, but she says that they'll add in some eye treatments and what not. I declined. :\

This time was also not as much fun because I got a different consultant. My first consultant spoke to me in English, and was comfortable doing so. This one forced me to speak in mandarin, a language that I'm not confident in speaking in and am unable to properly articulate my thoughts in. Unlike my first beauty consultant, she didn't talk me through each step of the facial, I only managed to glean what was happening based on previous experience, and spying on the products used after the whole facial was over. *tee hee*

I was also disappointed at the end of the facial when the beauty consultant basically repeated what the first one said 1 month ago --- that some blackheads on my nose are just too stubborn and cannot be easily removed. What the heck! If I go to a facial and they aren't even able to get out every single blackhead, what's the point, really? She suggested a "shui fen" mask which would help soften things up. I've already been using Cellniques "Sebum Action Gel" (to be reviewed later) religiously the past month, and that shit's expensive... and it didn't help? Whaddaheck. *disappointed*

As always though, I love the small, quiet, cosy room in Lissage de Beaute. All in all, it's really a very relaxing experience and if they could guarantee me full extraction of all blackheads, I would gladly come again.

Before : on the way to the facial!

Although I arrived 10 minutes late (horrible trying to get parking space in SS15!), my facial time was not shortened by 10 minutes. Some places are darn calculative like that. Am glad that this is not one of them.

The robe that we're supposed to wear during the facial, presented on a wooden tray with frangipanis...

The products used... (after the facial was finished, I poked around a bit to get the actual names.. hehe)

The steamer machine and the magnifying glass for the consultant to MAGNIFY all your white heads and blackheads during EXTRACTION.

With the robe on...

The facial starts with a milky cleanser that smells like St Cinnamon buns. :) Though I do not like milky cleansers, the smell is totally yummy. The consultant lightly massages my face with the milky cleanser at the same time. After wiping off (all the products used are wiped off... they won't splash water on your face, lol), a double cleanser was used. This is the seaweed double cleanser, and it smells quite minty. This too was wiped off pretty quickly after it was put on.

The 3rd item used smelled strongly of something sweet and delicious. Like strawberry jam. The texture on my face also felt like strawberry jam. I thought it was a mask, and the consultant put me under the steamer for a while. However, after a few minutes, she returned to scrub the "mask" off my face. Turns out it's an exfoliant, and I could feel some very light, very small beads in the gunk. :P I was put under the steamer for a much longer time after that.

After wiping everything off, the light, hand-held microdermabrasion tool was used on my face, with her concentrating more on my forehead and nose area. Got a free eyebrow trimming again and then a light face massage.

Finally --- the extraction! Probably with exfoliation + steaming, the pores were opened enough for the process to start. It was quite painful at some points, and the consultant was nonchalant to my squirms. However, I felt that she was also not as thorough as my previous consultant. I expected way more to be extracted from my forehead (since previous consultant spent quite some time there), and more on my nose as well. Extraction is my favorite part of any facial, so I feel quite disappointed by this. By the way, I've got a sick need / wish that I could see what exactly is it that the consultant managed to squeeze out. Maybe they should put everything out onto a tray and present it to the customer later. Hahahhaa!

I was then given a thorough face + neck massage with oil. It smelled like those Eve Taylor oils, and smelled quite soothing (later found out it's lavender scented). Thought that that was the end of the facial, but we then proceeded to the bio renewal mask. It smells strongly of vegetables!! And it felt darn cold on my skin! She applied two layers of the mask and then went out, leaving me shivering with the cold mask on my skin. -__- Next door, I could hear my ex-consultant talking pretty loudly to another customer. Geez. I think facial customers should be aware that they aren't the only people in the building. There are others too...? Do I really wanna hear stories about how often you've fallen into a monsoon drain? Geez!!

The facial ended with toner and moisturiser.. and when I was given time to change into my clothes, I spied on the products they used, and this is what I saw :
Vital Repair Cleansing Milk (I think this must be the one that smells like St Cinnamon buns)
Seaweed Cleanser (the minty smelling one)
Tomato cleanse (omg! The strawberry smelling exfoliation is actually tomato??)
Soothing Hydration Lotion
Bio Renewal Mask
Massage Cream with Lavender Oil

There's probably other stuff, but I didn't dare poke around some more. I took so long that when I came out, the consultant was on her way in to find me, hahaha. Oh, and they do give you a cup of warm ginger tea, which was very welcome. :) As always, I find my face usually REDDER and looks worse after the facial though it is only temporary (Cos they have to squeeze out all the spots). I do feel much, much more relaxed though. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP